CTS tuning experince
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS tuning experince in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys I got my 2007 CTS sport tuned today and gained 15 hp and 100 lbs. Per ft. of ...
    tgar32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac cts lux. sport

CTS tuning experince

Hey guys I got my 2007 CTS sport tuned today and gained 15 hp and 100 lbs. Per ft. of torque!! Really cool experience and the guys at RT Tuning couldn't be cooler.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    What exactly did they use to tune and what did they do for the tune? 100 ft/lb torque is a big gain with only 15 hp gain.
    Slicer, Slicer, CTSM and 1 others like this.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: CTS tuning experince

Quote Originally Posted by tgar32 View Post
    Hey guys I got my 2007 CTS sport tuned today and gained 15 hp and 100 lbs. Per ft. of torque!! Really cool experience and the guys at RT Tuning couldn't be cooler.
    Give me more info!! I've been casually looking for a good tune for almost a year now...and yeah 100ft/lb tq? you got a dyno sheet?

The tune was from hp tuners on 93 octane. The attachment is too big for the forum. I will try to scan it or I can email it to you. Tgar32@gmail

VaderWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    What mods do you have other than the tune? A tune alone isn't going to get you any more than around 10hp and 20tq. 100tq on a cts tune alone is complete bs.

Wila is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS

100 torque? Lol my cammed truck barly hit that with cam and stall combo

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I think there's a typo there somewhere. Or maybe the "pounds per foot of torque" is some new measurement scheme that the rest of us don't know about? Everyone else in the world uses lb-ft, not lb/ft.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Tgar emailed me the dyno sheet. If you look at 2500 RPM its around there for torque, but as far as max goes, yeah the typical.

My mods are KN cai and CTS-V exhaust. The great part about the tune is the car is way more responsive through 1-3rd gear Where before i would have to punch the pedal a little from gear 2-3. Idle is very smooth too.

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    Tgar emailed me the dyno sheet. If you look at 2500 RPM its around there for torque, but as far as max goes, yeah the typical.

What I really like about the dyno sheet is where the they put the HP and torque, perfect for tooling around town without having to redline your engine. Would definitely like to test drive a cts tuned like tgar's to checkout the difference.

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

OP how much did this tune cost? Can it be only done at their facility or can it be done via a package that they can send out?

There surely is an MPG impact to this, did you notice any difference per the DIC at least?

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tgar32 View Post
    100 torque gain on dyno. No.

Your sheet shows a gain of maybe 20ish rwtq? Either way, good gains. But 100 lb ft is wayyyy too large a claim. Just like that one guy who claimed 9.85 1/4 mile in a stock CTS V6...

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post

...Just like that one guy who claimed 9.85 1/4 mile in a stock CTS V6...
    That's true, but it was later determined by a forum panel of CTS experts that that claim was plausible due to the fact that that particular car was actually one of them White Diamond Faster Than Though V6 CTSs, SO you know...

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post
    That's true, but it was later determined by a forum panel of CTS experts that that claim was plausible due to the fact that that particular car was actually one of them White Diamond Faster Than Though V6 CTSs, SO you know...
    As a White Diamond owner and also on that forum panel of CTS experts, I concur this claim and others is entirely plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post

Your sheet shows a gain of maybe 20ish rwtq? Either way, good gains. But 100 lb ft is wayyyy too large a claim. Just like that one guy who claimed 9.85 1/4 mile in a stock CTS V6...
    If you look in the 2500rpm range, there actually is close to 100 increase...now for max tq, correct. But that tune drastically changed his torque/hp curve. and pft...9.85....Some of us Red Jewel owners run a 3.98

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.