CTS tuning experince - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS tuning experince in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Blayne What exactly did they use to tune and what did they do for the tune? 100 ...
    Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Re: CTS tuning experince

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    What exactly did they use to tune and what did they do for the tune? 100 ft/lb torque is a big gain with only 15 hp gain.
    I'd be interested in what they used (if anything) to program the ECU/PCM. I have a Honda RC51 which uses a DynoJet Power Commander that plugs into the main harness to change "maps" customized programs to adjust air/fuel mixtures at a specific throttle opening. Useful when changing air intakes and exhaust systems to program out flat spots and boost power at different rpms and part throttle conditions.

Part throttle fuel economy probably wouldn't be affected much if programmed right.

tgar32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac cts lux. sport
    Be my guest. Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by tgar32 View Post
    Be my guest. Where do you live?
    If you ever do a road trip to Phoenix let me know.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    Tgar emailed me the dyno sheet. If you look at 2500 RPM its around there for torque, but as far as max goes, yeah the typical.
    The curve doesn't even start on that graph until ~2800rpm, and it looks like @ 2500rpm the gap would've been less (albeit still much larger than it should be). Clearly something was either wrong with the car or wrong with the dyno pull on the "before" run, which was resolved/fixed when they did the "after" run. Peak torque from the factory is at 3100rpm, yet that "before" run shows the torque curve being in the gutter at that point. That is not even remotely a normal torque curve, and the 100ft-lb "gain" is a gross exaggeration resulting from the bad "before" curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd View Post
    What I really like about the dyno sheet is where the they put the HP and torque, perfect for tooling around town without having to redline your engine.
    It looks to me like the gains are pretty consistent throughout the band, and for some reason the dyno graph doesn't even show the RPMs where one would be tooling around town.

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    100 torque gain on dyno. No.

Your sheet shows a gain of maybe 20ish rwtq? Either way, good gains. But 100 lb ft is wayyyy too large a claim.
    If you look at the provided dyno graph without having a clue what you're looking at, then yes, it appears there is a nearly 100ft-lb gain at about 3000rpm. A good shop would've looked at that initial "before" curve, pointed out the car owner that something was wrong resulting in the very abnormal torque curve, fixed the problem, done a new baseline curve, and then done the pull to show the tuned results.

If tgar32's car was consistently performing as that "before" curve shows then I can only imagine how much better the car feels now that it has been fixed! The 15 or 20ft-lb gain provided by the ECU reflash is just gravy on top of the 70 or 80ft-lb gained by fixed whatever the problem was.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post

It looks to me like the gains are pretty consistent throughout the band, and for some reason the dyno graph doesn't even show the RPMs where one would be tooling around town.

You never know the way some people drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd View Post
    What I really like about the dyno sheet is where the they put the HP and torque, perfect for tooling around town without having to redline your engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post

From another thread about oil consumption:

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Enterprises View Post
    Seems to be with that if I drive mine like a normal daily put put mobile then i don't burn anything. At least nothing noticeable over a few thousand km's. However, I rarely do this, I love my 6-Speed 3.6, and I tend to drive the piss out of it.

If i do a couple pulls from stop lights then I need to put oil in next time I go out..
    Yeah, I should try driving like a normal person for a while and see how much it uses... But, on the bright side I basically never need to change my oil, just the filter haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
    whew... I thought I was the only person to run the snot outta my CTS.
    Kind of supports what I said, about tooling around town.

I'm guilty too, I like to get on it a little, from a stop light or entrance ramp or when passing....Ok, maybe most of the time except when my wife is in the car then she constantly giving me a hard time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.