Cadillac CTS 2003 3.2 low on coolant but no leak?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Cadillac CTS 2003 3.2 low on coolant but no leak? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Recently I had my car fixed because it was leaking coolant then bout two weeks ago it said low on ...
    eg831 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 2003

Cadillac CTS 2003 3.2 low on coolant but no leak?

Recently I had my car fixed because it was leaking coolant then bout two weeks ago it said low on coolant but no coolant was leaking?
    So I took it bac to the mechanic n he said that the coolant was getting into the engine headers n that I might need to replace my engine? So idk what I should do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Cadillac CTS 2003 3.2 low on coolant but no leak?

What was done to fix the coolant leak originally?

My guess is that there's nothing wrong at all. It can be difficult to fully top off the cooling system, so there was most likely a bit of air in the system after the repairs were done a couple weeks ago. As you drove the car, that air made it's way out of the system (as it's supposed to), so the level dropped.

Refill the coolant reservoir as the Owners Manual tells you to do, then see what happens over time.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I would really like to know how in the living hell coolant gets into the headers. I think you need to get another mechanic!!! Like stated, air may have all came out. Top it off and keep an eye on it.

guinsdan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Check the water pump. My old CTS leaked coolant from time to time, and sometimes you could see the steam (burn-off) when driving. I was losing a little coolant from time to time and usually when parked. I had a mechanic test the lines and everything was fine. If it doesn't get too bad you can just refill the reservoir when it gets low.

eg831 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 2003
    What he fixed before this was numerous things:

-thermostat housing (that's where it was leaking from before)
    -whole bunch of gaskets
    -spark plugs
    -water pump

I bought the car used so it needed a lot of maintenance. Well from what you guys are telling me I think ima take it to the dealership n see what they tell me. Hopefully it is that air got in there. And another thing is my engine shakes?
    Thak you for your input.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

What is "ima"? And why take it to the dealership when we're telling you to just top off the reservoir and continue to monitor the level?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.