cadillac cts 2003 3.2l v6 rumble noise in rear/ under car. while accelerating
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, cadillac cts 2003 3.2l v6 rumble noise in rear/ under car. while accelerating in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I just purchase a 2003 cadillac cts 2.3l v6 automatic transmission everything seem ti be great with the car for ...
    br3nt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cadillac cts 3.2L v6

Exclamation cadillac cts 2003 3.2l v6 rumble noise in rear/ under car. while accelerating

I just purchase a 2003 cadillac cts 2.3l v6 automatic transmission everything seem
    ti be great with the car for the higher miles. (170800) but I have a very strange noise I cant seem to pinpoint. Ive checked my bushings and joints for any signs of wear/tear or abrasion. I am no mechanic but all seems ok. Ive found a couple other posts about noise In their cadillacs while accelerating. But none seem to be exactly what I am experiencing. Under moderate acceleration I seem to have this knocking or rumble like noise at the beginning of first gear. And into second gear. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Please feel free to leave a response or ask a question.

Ive included a link to a video of the noise I hear in my car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEWj...e_gdata_player

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pearl03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS
    Have you checked the drive shaft bushings? By the look of the video your check engine light is on.... have you found out why?

Re: cadillac cts 2003 3.2l v6 rumble noise in rear/ under car. while accelerating

yes its the o2 sensors from bank 1 and 2. both are the #2 sensors. I found out earlier today this rumble like noise could be a broken baffle/ catalytic converter. this could be a restriction of the airflow through the exhaust system. the guy I talked to said this could also be directly related to the codes I have received which are p0141, p0161. I have checked the shaft bushings. They are intact and solid. I will post back when I change the bad catalytic Converter. In the mean time what else could this be?

pearl03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS
    Bad cats very well could make that sound.... relates to the 02 censor .... that's what I would check out. Best of luck..

Re: cadillac cts 2003 3.2l v6 rumble noise in rear/ under car. while accelerating

Thanks. Just trying to gather a few bucks together.. I just purchased the thing feom a friend.. should have it changed out by monday. Il post back with my results and a new video if the sound is gone after the install.. ttysoon!

So I found out that the noise was a center driveshaft support bearing I replaced that along withe the rubber bushings at either side of the drive shaft. I haven't had any noise since I replaced them.
    This is the driveshaft center support bearing.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BC21IC4
    This is the bushings
    https://www.revshift.com/shop/cadill...sc-coupler.php

Also the check engine ligh was both downstream oxygen sensors. Which I replaced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.