service theft system and traction control light on and key stuck in ignition.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, service theft system and traction control light on and key stuck in ignition. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; hello im new to the Cadillac world i have a 2003 cts with multiple problems 1.key stuck in ignition 2.traction ...
    BOXCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CADILLAC CTS

service theft system and traction control light on and key stuck in ignition.

hello im new to the Cadillac world i have a 2003 cts with multiple problems 1.key stuck in ignition 2.traction control light is on 3.service theft system is on radio display. radio cuts on but no sound and the door chime works 4.brakes are locked no led light on in shift indicator and i can shift the car from park to drive with the car off.does anybody know what's going on here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

=Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts

Re: service theft system and traction control light on and key stuck in ignition.

could be the ecm

Re: service theft system and traction control light on and key stuck in ignition.

i was thinking that also because the previous owner told me he had welded some stuff on the car so who knows if that effected the ecm

JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts
    Was it TIG welded? Because that certainly would have fried the electronics. Mig welding wouldn't do anything unless he actually melted something.

stephta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

I was just working on my 03 CTS, looking for a leak in the passenger floor. I removed the lower cover, and unplugged the BCM that is mounted on the top. I then turned the car on to run the AC for a few minutes. I happened to look at the DIC, and it had the same messages that you have. I turned the car off, and it would not let me remove the keys. I plugged all the plugs back in (3 of them) and it is working fine now....that being said...I would think you either have one of the plugs that came out...or your BCM is going bad. On mine...there were 2 bolts toward the firewall, and 2 black screws toward the glove box that had to be removed, and then two squeeze points to lower the black panel....I hope this helps!

what about if a roof was replaced?

----------

@stephta i also had checked that seems like its ok i took everything out the car and went following all the wires to see if a ground was discounted or something and couldnt find nothing that didnt seem right and still don't know why the brakes would lock and stay locked

adometrius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Luxury Sport

This may be too simple of an answer but have you checked the battery and made sure the negative terminal is fully connected? I had the issue of service theft system and not being able to remove the key from the ignition, the negative terminal was loose.

I put a brand new battery I also put a tech 2 on it and I'm getting the code u1000

Anybody know why the brakes would stay locked up?

Does anyone know anything about code u1000 and why would the brakes stay locked up?

----------

Does anybody know about code u1000 and why the brakes stay locked ??

ken sam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    U1000 Class 2 communication Malfunction

figured why the brakes were locked someone had replaced the brake fluid with gasoline as for the u1000 cant figure what's triggering it

So I put a tech 2 on the car and it says on star is not responding digital radio receiver not responding and radio not responding and code u1000 any tips to fix this ?

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by BOXCALADE
    figured why the brakes were locked someone had replaced the brake fluid with gasoline as for the u1000 cant figure what's triggering it
    If I were you, replace the master cylinder and any other component that may have rubber seals in it.

KOT

djkdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts 3.6L
    Sounds like ecm to me , do you have aftermarket amp and sub's hooked up?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.