2005 CTS and 2000 BMW Z3!!! on way to see a movie!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2005 CTS and 2000 BMW Z3!!! on way to see a movie! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Last night on my way to the movies, my best friend, and girlfriend accompanied me. Both came in my car. ...
    MikeyVSeries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V (White Diamond)

2005 CTS and 2000 BMW Z3!!! on way to see a movie!

Last night on my way to the movies, my best friend, and girlfriend accompanied me. Both came in my car. So everything is going fine... driving normal and just driving. So we pull up to this light and this Z3 puts his window halfway down (looked like a guy late 20s early 30s) and I have near black tint, so he couldn't see in.. insists on revving his engine ( ahs exhaust).. i don't know what he was trying to do.. i also noticed he was alone.. So i go " aww hell no he just didn't" so i pop my baby into Sport Mode and left foot on brake right on gas (you know the deal ) and boom light turns GREEN.. he peels out and i do the same.. he takes an edging to me most likely do to my weight i had 3 passengers - he was alone, and his car is much lighter..i also had major spoin due to somewhat left over wet/dry road.. so once i stop spinning i catch up to him real quick.. we are even for about 2 seconds, and then like magic started to pass him at about 65.. boom RED LIGHT AHEAD.. so we stop again.. this time i make sure i dont spin and really paid attention and i killed him from the start by 80 MPH i had an easy car length and 1/2 or more (friend thinks east 2)..i was quite impressed coming from a 13.1 350z the car did amaze me i didnt think i woulda of beaten him let alone do what i did.. so we are driving normal now and i go to make a left into the theater.. and he does the same.. so i pull to an open section with 4-5 spots open.. he pulls like almost next to me by head on facing me.. so we get out and he does the same.. and he goes ohhh so you have the V-series (he chuckles) NO WONDER WHY (btw i dont i just have the front grille and valence) .. i go excuse me.. he goes i wondered why you were able to pull on me... (also to know: my car is stock i havent put in the intake.. waiting till spring) so i go haha yeah yeah pretty impressed? he goes yeah cars quick.. i go oh then u should see the V series.. he goes huh what do u mean? you have a V right the one with like 400hp or sumthing.. now i laugh.. i go hah no man if i had the v the 1-2 car lead would of been 10-12.. i just have the regular cts 3.6L 255 hp.. by now he knows he looks really dumb (still lookn around my car for a V badge or sumthin) he goes u serious? common thats def a v you pulled on me 2 times and with a 1-2 car lead and i have exhaust.. so as my friend and gf are walkn away i go HEY! never doubt a caddy he goes and this is great " yeah i guess your right" that is quoted right from his mouth and he starts walkn ( with a confused look on his face still turnin around lookn at my car) haha it was so great.. and then we saw the movie.. but it made my night.. thought id share it with you guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 2005 CTS and 2000 BMW Z3!!! on way to see a movie!

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

this should be in the cady shame post that i posted.. look it up.. nice story tho.

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Nice kill bud. Not surprised you took him. The Z3s with the smaller engines ran high 15s / low 16s.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.