Cts 2003 0-60
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Cts 2003 0-60 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I Have been wondering for a while what the normal 0-60 is in 3.2 V6, i think i have read ...
    knals is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Cts 03 V6 3.2L

Cts 2003 0-60

I Have been wondering for a while what the normal 0-60 is in 3.2 V6, i think i have read in previus threads about cars going in less time then mine,

my car is stock, has 17" original rims with new hankook tires, i have the k&n air intake and also have two MTX !2" subs in the truck,

any comments on how fast Your car goes' plz coment to compare

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    It all depends on the color. I have the fastest and rarest color. Which is of course Blue Chip.

KOT

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: Cts 2003 0-60

Here you go:
    http://www.zeroto60times.com/Cadilla...mph-Times.html
    Looks like the 2003 CTS they have listed @ 0-60 in 6.9secs w/ a quarter-mile in 15.5secs...

knals is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Cts 03 V6 3.2L

thanx david, i saw the page b4 and i was wondering if it was true, mine does 10 seconds, thats it, tried it so many times, any ideas what might b slowing mine down?

JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts
    Power loss from age. Lots of weight added from dirt and road grime in and under the car.

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    It all depends on the color. I have the fastest and rarest color. Which is of course Blue Chip.

KOT
    I thought White Diamond was the fastest? What about Stealth Gray?

KOT

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Quote Originally Posted by DopeEffect View Post
    The Stealth Gray CTS has been deemed too stealthy by modern standards for any scientific 0-60 MPH measurements to be taken of it. This is mainly due to the CTS's Stealthy Gray paint which jamms speed lasers, GPS and even the car's own sensors!

The only method that has been deemed reliable for measuring the Stealth Gray CTS's speed has been through SoP method (Seat of pants). Stealth Gray CTS drivers have reported their 0-60 Mph to be somewhere in between that of a Lamborghin Murcielago's and that of Lingfeltter Corvettes.

Now I know what you are thinking, you are thinking "I want to get me a bucket of that stuff"....but rumor has it, since manfacturing lines for the Stealth Gray CTS have been closed, leftover paint has been confiscated by the CIA on the basis of national security.

Now you are thinking our government is probably using this paint on fighter jets right? I mean right??

WRONG!

It's been rumored that top CIA officials have split the last bucket of this stuff in between them and each ended up with enough of it to paint their Ebay GT spoilers they had on all their Cateras...I know right? How dumb of them to think the Catera could come close in performance of a base CTS even right?....but an owner of a small closed down drag strip near Langley has sworn to a member here on the forum (who will not be named for obvious reasons) that the Stealth Gray paint on the Ebay GT spoilers has in fact eliminated ALL wind drag on those Cateras. They are basically driving in vaccum!

Which requires the driver to either hold their breath or have an oxygen tank handy for those long business trips.
    catch, catch, J W and 5 others like this.

No Way! It's no wonder I get so dizzy while driving. Looks like I'll need to mount some oxygen tanks under all the seats and of course some drop down oxygen masks. Obviously, they'll have to be painted Stealth Gray too or else they simply will not work.

This is an incredible discovery in the field of science, I now must paint everything I own in Stealth Gray. Stealth Gray trash can? No Problem, I now have my own personal black hole that will never reach critical mass. Stealth Gray cookware? Food is now cooked twice as fast. Stealth Gray mail box? Mail now only requires a few minutes from the time it leaves its originating city till it reaches my house. Stealth Gray oil? Say bye to oil changes every 3,000 miles. Stealth Gray timing chains?

My car is now truly invincible.
    CTSM and CTSM like this.

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

KOT

kot....its white diamond. then when you add the ghettomike white diamond powerblock.....omg, hold on to your britches
    CTSM and CTSM like this.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post

It's been rumored that top CIA officials have split the last bucket of this stuff in between them and each ended up with enough of it to paint their Ebay GT spoilers they had on all their Cateras...I know right? How dumb of them to think the Catera could come close in performance of a base CTS even right?....but an owner of a small closed down drag strip near Langley has sworn to a member here on the forum (who will not be named for obvious reasons) that the Stealth Gray paint on the Ebay GT spoilers has in fact eliminated ALL wind drag on those Cateras. They are basically driving in vaccum!
    Just know that the back of the base CTS grill is stamped with.....

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...5/IMAG0658.jpg

That!

Sorry No lie or Photoshop there, that's the back side of the grill off my old 04 CTS...
    CTSM and CTSM like this.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by knals View Post
    [T]han[ks,] [D]avid,[ I] saw the page b[efore] and[ I] was wondering if it was true[.] [M]ine does [it in ]10 seconds, that[']s it, [I've] tried it so many times[.] [A]ny ideas what might b[e] slowing mine down?
    Manual or automatic? How are you launching it? How are you measuring your 0-60 times? How many miles are on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by JhughesCTS View Post
    Power loss from age. Lots of weight added from dirt and road grime in and under the car.
    Most cars actually get quicker with age, up to a point, as the engine "loosens up" and makes more power. Unless his car is only making ~140hp now (highly unlikely), or he's carrying nearly 2000# worth of dirt and road grime, I think the more likely answer is driver technique and/or timing error.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

CTSjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L manual

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    Just know that the back of the base CTS grill is stamped with.....

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...5/IMAG0658.jpg

That!

Sorry No lie or Photoshop there, that's the back side of the grill off my old 04 CTS...

No surprise. The CTS originally stood for Catera Touring Sedan.
    CTSM and CTSM like this.

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

10 seconds 0-60 is the best of numerous efforts? A lot things, such as weather, tires, wheels, traction/power nannies, rear gear ratio, transmission model, and engine condition come into play.
    • While I don't expect any of us to replicate optimized manufacturer numbers, I do believe that 10 seconds is a sign that something's amiss in this equation. If you're certain your timing device and method are flawless, then I'd start looking at your car. Start at the air filter and work your way back. A filthy air filter or MAF sensor are easy things to spot.
    • How many miles are on your motor? I ask because carbon build-up was one of the things that came to mind.
    • Do you have any heavy items throw in the car, such as speaker boxes or heavier wheels?
    • Which motor and transmission are we talking about? The 3.2L with the Getrag manual or the auto? Are you in "Sport mode" (autos only)
    • Do you get any stability lights or traction control lights popping up on the dash when you launch the car? How much tire squealing do you hear, and up at what speed do you hear it?
    • What kind of air are you doing this in? Are we talking a hot & humid day, or negative DA and at sea level?

There are literally so many questions and variables that come into play when trying to duplicate someone else's testing that it's almost tiresome. I wouldn't drive yourself crazy trying to hit a 6.7 or 6.9 or whatever it was that the magazines/manufacturer & their pro-drivers got out of the car during perfect circumstances. Rather, I'd just go over the car with a fine-tooth comb and make sure everything's as it should be with the maintenance and health of your vehicle. A can of Seafoam, some new spark plugs and fresh oil and air filters are items that any 10-year-old car can benefit from, without breaking the bank.

Good luck.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Maybe those !2" subs are facing the wrong way.
    mmvvt and mmvvt like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.