My CTS Adventure 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Clearboy
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, My CTS Adventure 2 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Acts like it in neutral , then it drives ok but is acting like the converter isn't locked up(gained 800rpm) ...
    Clearboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My CTS Adventure 2

Acts like it in neutral , then it drives ok but is acting like the converter isn't locked up(gained 800rpm) try manual shift no change. We get off the highway and check for leak, no leak no smells no visible loss of fluid. Light changes and car won't go, revs up and won't move. I'm getting towed to a dealer, (onstar) and going to stay with sister in law. I'm not a cry baby but really WTF is going on? Any thoughts? Clearboy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kad4Life is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

Re: My CTS Adventure 2

Trans cooler let go inside the rad ?
    What's the reservoir fluid look like ?

Reservoir looks normal, however I didn't pop the cap. Car has been towed to a dealer and they will check on it tomorrow. Grrrrrr, John

Checked fluid in reservoir , milky and redish--- bad. Dealer says replace radiator and trans.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearboy
    Acts like it in neutral , then it drives ok but is acting like the converter isn't locked up(gained 800rpm) try manual shift no change. We get off the highway and check for leak, no leak no smells no visible loss of fluid. Light changes and car won't go, revs up and won't move. I'm getting towed to a dealer, (onstar) and going to stay with sister in law. I'm not a cry baby but really WTF is going on? Any thoughts? Clearboy
    That sounds like s bad torque converter.

I asked them about flushing the system after replacing the radiator and they didn't think that would work. I normally do all my own work so this is killing me, that said the dealer and all involved have been very helpful. Looks like cadillac and the dealer and the dealer I bought it from are going to cut me a break on this. This could be just the thing to true store my faith.

Wrap up to saga. Dealer promptly repaired my CTS and I made it home w/o further incident . Cadillac paid 1/2 of my tranny and radiator repair (flushed 4 times). The car lot I bought it from put in 500$ towards the repair. So I bought the car especially for travel, it was a huge failure, that said I still love the car and have another multi thousand mile trip planned. Am I foolish, maybe but I still love my car.
    CTSM and CTSM like this.

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Re: My CTS Adventure 2

Quote Originally Posted by Clearboy View Post
    Wrap up to saga. Dealer promptly repaired my CTS and I made it home w/o further incident . Cadillac paid 1/2 of my tranny and radiator repair (flushed 4 times). The car lot I bought it from put in 500$ towards the repair. So I bought the car especially for travel, it was a huge failure, that said I still love the car and have another multi thousand mile trip planned. Am I foolish, maybe but I still love my car.
    I definitely share your sentiment for this car. Almost every week I have something to tweak or fix in it, had it been any other car I would have dumped it so fast. So much unexpected stuff went bad and was replaced on this car either by me at my own expense and weekend labor or by the dealership when it was under the bumper to bumper warranty people that know me can't believe I still keep it. But they don't feel the joy of what driving it feels like and they never will, this is my baby

Heck even my rear windshield shattered on it's own one day while sitting at my workplace's parking lot (due to sudden change in weather I'm sure it had a hairline fracture that caused it but I never seen it so that's all theory till now). This car especially with the 3.6L engine is just so rewarding to drive as a daily driver car to the point that I feel even if the engine and or tranny fail (God forbid! ) that I would probably fix it and keep on enjoying it till it's last breath.

The number of cars I have driven in my lifetime is well beyond what I count. You name it can near bet I have tried it (spare for some super cars I guess) from imports to domestics and even classic German stuff. This remains one of the nicest cars to be in by all measures. Not even Cadillac have outdone themselves when it comes to this car in terms of design and driving pleasure, the 2nd gen CTS is by all means within my financial reach but I refused so many oppurtunities to be in one, I like this way more. Heck so many times when I first purchased the car Cadillac would put me in a 2nd gen loaner either a 3.6 CTS or CTS4 or even the ATS as of late and my fingers would be tingling to get back in the 1st gen CTS, it just feels like a much better driver's car then what followed.

The only car I can atest that will be compltely able to dominate this one is the 2014 CTS.
    It's by far the most outstanding car I have seen since the first gen CTS but the growth in size and price will make a harder case for it to present itself as an alternative for my ride.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.