Door Panels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Door Panels in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; How would I remove the door panels so that I can replace my stock speakers with my new Boston Acoustics ...
    stedb77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Door Panels

How would I remove the door panels so that I can replace my stock speakers with my new Boston Acoustics speakers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Door Panels

remove the acess panels and take out the screws.. then pop the clips with a pannel popper.. easy.

FastCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

How do I remove the Door panels

All Doors: On the bottom edge of the plastic door handle cover are two small cutouts. Insert a flat tool into that cutout about 1/2 - 3/4 inch and push up slightly to release the inside catch on the cover from the projection that holds it. It is best to do both at once to minimize stress on the door handle. Push up and out to remove the door handle cover while holding the door handle in the open position
    Next, just behind the door pull handle, there is an oval piece that you pry out, and behind it are two screws. Remove these screws. Next, starting at the bottom, pry the door panel up and it will begin to pop and then work it around until you have the panel completely pulled away from the door. Now push up and out to get it finally off the door.
    <LI>The front speaker is affixed to a bracket and then to the door. In the non-bose, it's a 5.25" (5 1/4") speaker, in the bose is (reportedly) a 6.75" (6 3/4") speaker. But keep in mind that it is 2 ohm (so a 4ohm speaker will produce less volume), and in both applications it's equalized (crossed) to produce below 6000hz, so you will not get very good highs from the speaker.

The rear is removed the same, however, the speaker is screwed to the door panel, not the door. It is a 4 ohm speaker and full range

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Just curious My '04 has a really nice factory Bose system. I think the sound is terrific! But I see a lot of members change out their system, often at great expense. I wondered why that is

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Just curious My '04 has a really nice factory Bose system. I think the sound is terrific! But I see a lot of members change out their system, often at great expense. I wondered why that is
    me too.. i would not change it unless i was puttin an aftermarket amp to the the speakers.. i think most or em robert is the nonbose.. cause that system sounds like crap.. a rental i had rented had it.. terrible.!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.