Need Help with the Stability Control System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Need Help with the Stability Control System in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have searched and searched, i head about the module under the steering wheel, and well right now the traction ...
    OneSloZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Need Help with the Stability Control System

I have searched and searched, i head about the module under the steering wheel, and well right now the traction control light STAYS ON and wont go off, and the stability control wont turn off ether, it jerks me here and there and runs me off the road along with setting the breaks off, shit is pissing me off but i dont know the best way to fix it for now, i got 3 job interview in the next 2 days. Can i unplug the sensor under the steering wheel for the time being or is they any other thing i can do to fix it before it kills me or wrecks itself

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Yes, someone has already unplugged they're steering wheel sensor. He unplugged it 2 or 3 years ago.

But have you tried to push and hold the button in the glove box? That disables the stability control for that drive session. I believe at least a 10 second hold. It'll display on the radio that its been disabled.

KOT

Re: Need Help with the Stability Control System

i did, but now, the light on the dash WONT turn off, it says on all the time, and here and there it will be off and ill turn the system off, otherwize i cant do anything because the traction control, and im asuming the stability control stay off? or stay on? idk wtf is going on but it has gotten bad where it will throw the car into the other lane, so far i have been lucky because living in dfw with the traffic it gets bad and if the car does this, idk wtf im going to do or say besides blaming the car because i CANT afford to take it to a dealer because im jobless right now looking for a job.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

If the TC light on the dash is ON then TC is disabled...When traction control is engaged the DIC displays "Traction Engaged" IIRC, or something like that.

You have to hold the TC button in the glove box until the DIC displays "Stability System Off", again, or something like that

I just want to make sure we're on the same page, sorry if you've done all that, just covering the basics before anyone get too crazy....
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

no when i start the car, the TC light stays on i cant turn it on or off, and the car still does the jerking breaking bullshit that is scary as all get out, i should try to turn it off to see what it does, havnt yet because the light wont turn off, when i push the button on steering wheel, and/or button in glove box you cant turn the TC on or off, idk whats going on with that part, but ill go out and see if the light stays on and try to turn the SC off to see if that still works or not.

Thanks for the questions to make sure were all on the same page

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Then your problem is not the Traction Control. Since the light is illuminated on the dashboard, then T/C is turned off. However, Stability Control is still turned on. And that is the part that is doing the "jerking braking bullshit." So to totally turn that off until you get that fixed, is to press and HOLD the T/C in the glove box (the steering wheel won't do that). That is the easiest route, the other route is to unplug the steering wheel position sensor.

KOT

if you unplug the sensor will it cause damage or it just wont do the jerking anymore? and why would the TC light not be able to be turned on or off? The light always stays on, and the sensor is the only one under the steering wheel correct?

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k
    If TC light is ALWAYS ON even if you turn it on in the glove box and use the steering wheel button you need to have your codes scanned for an ABS related issue. Could be a bad wheel sensor or other module...

Pretty sure the only sensor readily available under the wheel is the position sensor. Removing that will turn off the stability system and stop the jerking. It won't hurt anything.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Which plug? The gray one I tryed the car won't start and I see several others down there

It's the one that plugs right into the steering column right?

----------

i got it! now to find out how well it works out lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.