My 06 CTS build
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, My 06 CTS build in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Well, I have done some modifications to my car. There are still more to come. I thought I would start ...
    Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package

My 06 CTS build

Well, I have done some modifications to my car. There are still more to come. I thought I would start a thread now so I and you guys can keep track. If there are any questions from the newer members feel free to ask on here or PM me and I will try and help you out. All the long term members, all feedback and thoughts are welcome.

I will start from the purchase.

First mod was plastidipped rims and VHT reverse lights

Next was the awful engine cover

Then I installed my Volant cold air intake. Only a partial pic for now lol.

Ikera likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: My 06 CTS build

A set of D2 coilovers was next on the list. Here is the car before install.

Here is the suspension

Painted the calipers while I was at it. As per some of your color suggestions. Rotors will be changed soon!

I had to drill a hole in the strut bar to be able to access the compression set knob without removing the strut bar every time.

Here are some pics of the car lowered

HID fogs, triangle lights, tail light and fog light tint coming this weekend if time permits!!!

Here are the 20's I will be installing. I needed to mod the front wheel wells. I will post pics in a day or two. The wheels should be on next week....or when it stops snowing here

SHORTSTACK and SHORTSTACK like this.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Did the coilovers take away the smoothness of the ride.

Oh right I knew I was going to forget something.

Many of you had asked about coilover set ups as oppose to a regular spring and shock. I have went for a few drives now. I am 1000% impressed. The car has a lowered stance, but has NONE of the ill effects of a standard set up. The car rides 100% like stock when on the road. When you get into the corners tho, it really holds the road. I have the compression setting set in the middle and it is a fantastic ride. It IS NOT bouncy at all nor does it have any type of a rough ride. My wife came for a ride with me and she said "I thought you changed the suspension?" It really is a great ride. I have had coilovers on smaller cars....Civic and Talon, and they were pretty good but not like my Caddy. I would recommend this suspension to anyone. There is lots of room to go lower but its not possible. Any lower is too low. Like I mentioned I had to modify the wheel wells. Pics to come!

Oh_Ex07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts 3.6

how much are the d2 coilovers i ordered eibach springs but im thinking of cancelling (its been a month)

----------

btw she looks sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Oh_Ex07
    how much are the d2 coilovers i ordered eibach springs but im thinking of cancelling (its been a month)

----------

btw she looks sexy
    The kit retails for about $1500. That's right from D2. I can't say what I paid in the group buy, as requested we keep it hush hush, but knowing how they are, I would easily pay the $1500. Take a look around, you may be able to get them a bit cheaper. I know that you can also get K-sport coilovers for between $1100-1300. They are probably very similar. K-sport makes a good suspension!

J W

Do you think when you put the 20" wheels on you will have to roll your fenders

Quote Originally Posted by J W
    Do you think when you put the 20" wheels on you will have to roll your fenders
    No. The fenders on the CTS are already "rolled" from the factory. There is a very thin lip there. I went with a 245/40 tire. The only reason I had to modify the wheel well plastics is because when I turned it rubbed them a bit. I will try and get some pics for you tomorrow of how I fixed it.

J W

The tires i have are 245/35 on a 20" rim. I believe it has a 38 offset but i'm thinking i should have gotten a 40 offset. The reason being is the on a dip one the fender hit the tire, that was on my 05. I picked up a 06 back in december and it's been sitting in my shop and i'm ready to do something with it. Being that they have same body style i was wondering if i would have the rubbing problem if i lowered it. If so i can get the fenders modified before installing the D2's.

Argent1 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

When are the new, rust free rotors going on ?
    ghettomike and ghettomike like this.

Soon. Still a lot of snow and salt here. It's melting quick tho. Hopefully at the beginning of April. It's a real eye sore to see the rust behind the wheels lmao!!
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Same problem here, this winter just won't quit. I'm anxious to get stuff done.
    I hear Punxatawny Phil is being charged with fraud, and there is a hit out on Wiarton Willie. lol

Wila is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS

Sweet lookibg ride...while u guys complain about snow its 93 degrees down south south deep south texas lol

Soon it will be in the 90's here too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.