My 06 CTS build - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, My 06 CTS build in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Sooo, you want to sell your sport grille? Lol...
    JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts
    Sooo, you want to sell your sport grille? Lol

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayne
    Here are the 20's I will be installing. I needed to mod the front wheel wells. I will post pics in a day or two. The wheels should be on next week....or when it stops snowing here
    Those are the wheels I was looking into buying. I'd really like to see what they look like on the car.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by JhughesCTS
    Sooo, you want to sell your sport grille? Lol
    Haha not a chance. I love the sport grill.

I will be putting the wheels on the car on Tuesday. I will get some pics up when they are on!

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: My 06 CTS build

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    Soon. Still a lot of snow and salt here. It's melting quick tho. Hopefully at the beginning of April. It's a real eye sore to see the rust behind the wheels lmao!!
    no snow here.

did Wicked Rides ever get shut down? they were hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike

no snow here.

did Wicked Rides ever get shut down? they were hacks.
    Mike please don't rub it in. We still have a serious amount of snow. Wicked rides did close shop. They were horrible. Just a couple decent places here for performance parts. They actually get decent prices too. But these days shops have to give better prices or people will just get everything online.

Well I took care of my fog lights today. I did the 3M headlight restore on them. Then, I used tail light tint to tint the orange half of the fogs. Turned out pretty good. When they went back in I installed an HID kit.

I then tried the tail light tint on my tail lights.......FML that didn't turn out well. The angles on our tails are just too harsh and on different angles. I tried for a while and couldnt get it. Anyways, here is a pic of the finished fogs. I will get pics on the car soon.

FML "face palm"!!!!! So I went to get my rims on today. Got them on and went to drive away and the car was WAY TO LOW. So I got the rims taken off the car. I brought them home so I can readjust the coilovers. Pics to come in a day or two!

Well I rolled the rear fenders today. Should be able to lower the car another half inch. Monday will be a headlight polishing and DIY front lip.

Campoli is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Looks good I been tryin to post pics of my 06 but this app says my pics are to large even after cropping

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Those fogs look good. Will also be doing this once I order and get my HID's. Plan on doing it all at once...hopefully soon..haha

Quote Originally Posted by Campoli
    Looks good I been tryin to post pics of my 06 but this app says my pics are to large even after cropping
    Try using photobucket. I never have problems.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    Those fogs look good. Will also be doing this once I order and get my HID's. Plan on doing it all at once...hopefully soon..haha
    Ya I installed H10 HID's and the are great. It and play. The tint made them nice and dark, but the orange still looks nice too so no trouble from the piggies!!!

nedstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L Manual

If your worried about the look of the rust on the rotors but don't actually need new rotors, pull the wheels off, sand down the rust and hit them with two coats of high heat flat black tremclad thinly brushed on (one of those tiny half quart cans could do 50 rotors), obviously not going much over the area where the clean metal is where the pads hit. Any minor overage will be cleaned up on the first drive, and you have a nice clean black inner circle. Just make sure you sand them down sufficiently (takes about 5 minutes a rotor max). I did mine two years ago now and they are still black and rust free. It's not anything special, but your eyes never go there as it's just flat black instead of bright orange rust.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nedstar
    If your worried about the look of the rust on the rotors but don't actually need new rotors, pull the wheels off, sand down the rust and hit them with two coats of high heat flat black tremclad thinly brushed on (one of those tiny half quart cans could do 50 rotors), obviously not going much over the area where the clean metal is where the pads hit. Any minor overage will be cleaned up on the first drive, and you have a nice clean black inner circle. Just make sure you sand them down sufficiently (takes about 5 minutes a rotor max). I did mine two years ago now and they are still black and rust free. It's not anything special, but your eyes never go there as it's just flat black instead of bright orange rust.
    That's not a bad idea bro, I think I might do that tomorrow since I have the car in the garage again for fender rolling and spark plug and oil change. Last time I did that I use a protractor set and made cutouts of where the pad touched and spray painted them. Worked great but I lost my protractor set lol. So brush on it is!!!
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Hey that looks pretty good man. You have motivated me Sir. I will go with gloss black

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.