Who wants to help me pick rims! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Who wants to help me pick rims! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; yea you need something with sharp edges.. deff....
    crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Who wants to help me pick rims!

yea you need something with sharp edges.. deff.

mikegronholz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

[QUOTE=RobertCTS]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegronholz
    how much you looking to get for them ?[/QUOT

Mike,
    I guess I should get some pics first. Are you interested in all or part of this stuff? Wife complains I'm junking up the garage. I have a business and have a loading dock. I need to ask my Freight carrier how much the freight is. I'm missing one hub cap center. I think they cost about $40 bucks. If your serious, I follow up. I would need to know your location and zip.

Same would apply to anyone else. Those rims would make nice winter snow tire set ups.

All what stuff ? All you mentioned was the polished sport wheels ... btw ... I am in 76020 and can have delivery to a business no problem.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by mikegronholz
    All what stuff ? All you mentioned was the polished sport wheels ... btw ... I am in 76020 and can have delivery to a business no problem.
    I think you missed part of the posts Mike.

RobertCTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Just4fun,
    What size tire you running on those 20" rims? They really don't look radical such as 35 series. I tried 40 series for a while on the stock 17" rims. I bit of a firmer ride. Decided to go to 18" rims.

Anybody lookin' for factory 17 sport rims with 235/40/17" Goodyear tires and rims
    Really not that many miles on the tires.
    I also have the original factory take off tires. Less than 500 miles. like new!

eib19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I initially put Mille Miglia Action wheels 18x8 (+40mm) with 245/45 18 tires on my '04 CTS (base model - 16" wheels). These wheels were off my previous car. After a while I wanted chrome, so I recently purchased ASA RT8 (on clearance at the Tire Rack) 20x8.5 (+40mm) with a 245/35 20 tire. Both sets came from the Tire Rack. In my case, I believe ride was very tire dependent. I was very concerned about the 20" wheel and a punishing ride. However, my car rides smoother than it did with the 18's. My 18's were Michelin HX MXM4's and the 20's are Pirelli PZero Nero M+S. I do watch for pot holes now though...

So far with the 20's - no problems, though I could see the possibility of the the rear tires rubbing on the fender at full compression (heavy load and large bump) -- the Tire Rack actually rec's a 30 series tire.

With the 18's - absolutely no problems. Even while taking a trip to FL fully loaded with the family.

Jus4Fun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    I think you missed part of the posts Mike.

RobertCTS
    Cadillac Enthusiast Join Date: May 2004
    Posts per day: 2.45

Ownership: 1972 Corvette roadster, red on red '04 CTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Just4fun,
    What size tire you running on those 20" rims? They really don't look radical such as 35 series. I tried 40 series for a while on the stock 17" rims. I bit of a firmer ride. Decided to go to 18" rims.

Anybody lookin' for factory 17 sport rims with 235/40/17" Goodyear tires and rims
    Really not that many miles on the tires.
    I also have the original factory take off tires. Less than 500 miles. like new!
    I'm running 255/35/20, all way around

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think it's all about the Mille Miglia EV-S

take a look at board member miscreant's CTS:

http://www.ctsowners.com/?page=mycts#

spork1138 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    Enkei Kapone 20" x 8.5 43mm offset and throw some 245/35ZR20 low profile tires on that baby and then you'll be rollin'

See my ride http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq
    What exactly is an offset and why would I need one?

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels...roducts_id/665

I like these.

It doesent say what tire sizes and whatnot I get tho, if anyone can help me as to iff these would fit on my 05 cts that would be great

http://www.streetdreams.org/display....supplier=Enkei

These are the same that other guy had to, 1180 for them. How much would a set of tires to fit those go for. They dont have to be SUPER good, but I dont want garbage either...

Quote Originally Posted by spork1138
    What exactly is an offset and why would I need one?
    That's how far your wheel sets out from center. To much off set and the tire hits the fender well. You're looking for 40mm off set.

It doesent say what tire sizes and whatnot I get tho, if anyone can help me as to iff these would fit on my 05 cts that would be great
    I'd recommend looking at the Tire Rack. It will show you all the wheels and tires that fit the CTS. You can upgrade and customize to various sizes that fit.

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...+Sport+Package

Can you set the offset however you want, or is that determined by the tire?

(clueless)

Can you set the offset however you want, or is that determined by the tire?

(clueless)
    The offset is fixed. When you shop you must look at the 4omm offset to keep it looking stock. Ever seen some of the Ricers with the tires actually sticking outside of the fender wells? If you use the link I gave you. It should keep you straight.

Definition:
    http://trucks.about.com/od/trucksglo.../bl_offset.htm

Here's another input on wheel/tire selection. As the diameter of your tire increases, it has an effect of running a taller gear in your car. The smaller the tire results in the opposite. Take the same car with say 17" rims and with 20" rims, keeping the same sizes other than the rims size and the car with the smaller diameter rims should out perform the larger ones at the race track.(ex- 225/55/17 and 225/55/20).

skepticman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages

I had the painted 17" wheels on my CTS, so I picked up a set of the polished 17" Cadillac OEM wheels on eBay. They look much nicer and actually enhance rather than detract from the appearance of the car.

I am still thinking about the MC2 Vauss wheel and tire package in the spring. They are a bit expensive and I'm not sure how the tires will do in the snow. But they're the only wheels I've seen that I really like. They're supposedly lighter than the stock rims, and since they are forged instead of cast, they are probably stronger as well. The warranty that matches Cadillac's is nice.

http://www.mc2ning.com/cad/vauss.html
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...mber=MC2V18CTS

I think 20" wheels look ridiculous with the skinny tires, and there are so many disadvantages like a harsher ride, more expensive/less durable tires, heavier weight and lowered braking power, I'd never go near them. People who put these things on their cars are masochists and have more money than brains to pay money for the privilege of such torture, all for something cosmetic.

Sorry for the rant. Had to get that off my chest.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.