Who wants to help me pick rims! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Who wants to help me pick rims! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Try www.dpengineering.cc 6 spoke. Nice. Im not a fan of looking at calipers....
    lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Who wants to help me pick rims!

Try
    www.dpengineering.cc
    6 spoke. Nice. Im not a fan of looking at calipers.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

If you opt for the 18" rims, here's a tip. A 235x45x18 tire give you the same diameter as the stock 17" tires. That keeps the odometer and electronics accurate. The guys that go from the smaller 16" rims to the 20" have a real problem...maybe a 235x35x20? That adds up to a painfully rough ride IMO.

Jus4Fun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    If you opt for the 18" rims, here's a tip. A 235x45x18 tire give you the same diameter as the stock 17" tires. That keeps the odometer and electronics accurate. The guys that go from the smaller 16" rims to the 20" have a real problem...maybe a 235x35x20? That adds up to a painfully rough ride IMO.
    He's right I'm sure, just stay with your stock wheels & tires. Even though I have not experienced a problem nor a rough ride. lmao

Hi Just4fun,
    What size tire you running on those 20" rims? They really don't look radical such as 35 series. I tried 40 series for a while on the stock 17" rims. I bit of a firmer ride. Decided to go to 18" rims.

Anybody lookin' for factory 17 sport rims with 235/40/17" Goodyear tires and rims
    Really not that many miles on the tires.
    I also have the original factory take off tires. Less than 500 miles. like new!

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Common sense would tell you sticking to the stock size is best but in practice, it may not always be correct. My CTS came with 16" wheels and I upgraded to 18" with a 245/45-18 tire. When I had the stockers on, the vehicle speedometer always showed a higher speed than what GPS showed. After I upgraded to the larger wheel, the vehicle speedo now matches exactly what the GPS tells me. I'm not sure which one is right...could be the GPS calculation is off.

Anyway, the point is as long as you stay around stock size you will be fine. For a smoother ride, go for a taller side wall. For quicker response and a pot hole hell, go for low profile.

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Damn you all...

Now I wanna go out and buy some 18" fair weather rims for when spring arrives!!! I just can't decide. Maybe I'll get 2 sets of two and mount one set on one side, and another on the otherside. This way I get two different looks depending on if I am coming or going.

You 'JustforFun' those black wheels with the black car are tight. First I've seen that and I Really liek it. Hmmm, wonder if they have rims with Moonstone centers...

Quote Originally Posted by Stag
    You 'JustforFun' those black wheels with the black car are tight. First I've seen that and I Really liek it. Hmmm, wonder if they have rims with Moonstone centers...
    Thank you!
    Mine originally came silver and had them painted to match the car. With a base coat/clear coat. Now they are available in black. You can always paint them moonstone and leave the polished lip.

mikegronholz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi Just4fun,
    What size tire you running on those 20" rims? They really don't look radical such as 35 series. I tried 40 series for a while on the stock 17" rims. I bit of a firmer ride. Decided to go to 18" rims.

Anybody lookin' for factory 17 sport rims with 235/40/17" Goodyear tires and rims
    Really not that many miles on the tires.
    I also have the original factory take off tires. Less than 500 miles. like new!

how much you looking to get for them ?

mikegronholz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jus4Fun
    20" Axis wheels 4"Lip

What are your offsets ?

[QUOTE=mikegronholz]how much you looking to get for them ?[/QUOT

Mike,
    I guess I should get some pics first. Are you interested in all or part of this stuff? Wife complains I'm junking up the garage. I have a business and have a loading dock. I need to ask my Freight carrier how much the freight is. I'm missing one hub cap center. I think they cost about $40 bucks. If your serious, I follow up. I would need to know your location and zip.

Same would apply to anyone else. Those rims would make nice winter snow tire set ups.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Enkei Kapone 20" x 8.5 43mm offset and throw some 245/35ZR20 low profile tires on that baby and then you'll be rollin'

See my ride http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    Kapone 20" x 8.5 43mm offset and throw some 245/35ZR20 low profile tires on that baby and then you'll be rollin'

OUTRAGEOUS MAN! SUPER BLING

Quote Originally Posted by mikegronholz
    What are your offsets ?
    Not sure what the offset is. They were bought for a 04 350Z Nissan. The fronts are 20x9 and the rears are 20x10 wide. 5:114.3 lug pattern worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    Kapone 20" x 8.5 43mm offset and throw some 245/35ZR20 low profile tires on that baby and then you'll be rollin'

Great Car Man!! Like it all, don't change a thing, great taste inside & out.

steelsnow is offline Cadillac Owners Member

choosing the right rim for the a car, cts in this case, is a hard thing to do. with the cts ive seen some pople getting rims with smooth angles and lines. look at the car. there arnt to many of those. so, in my opinion, your gonna need to get a rim with hard lines and angles that are defined. try and stay away from the smooth type rims. good luck. post a pic of the car when the rims are on!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.