Aftermarket Navigation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Aftermarket Navigation in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Has anyone added aftermarket navigation to their CTS? I am looking at adding navigation but not sure which route to ...
    otherguy41 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Aftermarket Navigation

Has anyone added aftermarket navigation to their CTS? I am looking at adding navigation but not sure which route to go. If possible, can anyone link up to any pics or info or post any pics of their set up?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Aftermarket Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by otherguy41
    Has anyone added aftermarket navigation to their CTS? I am looking at adding navigation but not sure which route to go. If possible, can anyone link up to any pics or info or post any pics of their set up?

Thanks in advance!
    um just add the stock one.. its an easy conversion.. the hardest part is finding one.

i was reading the how-to and it looks pretty complicated. i would love to add the factory navigation but looking at that how-to on this site, it, for lack of a better word, scares me. thanks for the suggestion, i won't rule it out

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

One nice thing about an aftermarket system is that you can take it out of the car whenever you want. Prices vary from the Navman ICN510 for $400 to the Magellan Roadmate for $1200. I'm sure there are others that cost even more.

Others to look at are: Garmin Quest, Garmin IQue (palm pilot with a gps), Garmin StreetPilot, the new Garmin GPSMap 276C, and Tom Tom Go GPS. Go to EBay's Consumer electronics section. They have an Automotive GPS section where you can browse specs, screen sizes, etc. I'd never buy one without going to a store and trying one out first. You'd be surprised at the difference of some of the screens.

I just bought a new factory Nav Radio and will be installing it in a week or so. I'll likely make a few extra harnesses once I get lengths and pin-outs defined, and may be willing to sell them to those on the forum who are interested in the same swap, at cost. Twisted shielded 3-wire cable isn't something usually laying around most people's garages. (My company builds harnessing for aircraft and spacecraft test equipment, among other things, so this should be easy.)

nice! keep us updated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.