need help on part!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, need help on part!!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Can anyone post a website or part numbers where i can get the whole cts v conversion to a 2003 ...
    rollinincaddys is offline Cadillac Owners Member

need help on part!!!

Can anyone post a website or part numbers where i can get the whole cts v conversion to a 2003 cts. Like the front spoiler, rear spoiler, and the side skirts.

Also if someone can tell me about the best cat back exhaust.

Thanks alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: need help on part!!!

Go to this website for the conversion...http://www.ctsowners.com As far as cat back, I have magnaflow, but I've also heard great things about the Corsa (about a grand $$) and B&B.

See my ride at http://www.cardomain.com/id/pjohnesq

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

When you say "whole CTS-V conversion", you're surely speaking of just the plastic body parts. There are a lot of mechanical differences that would cost way more to change over than it would be to simply sell your car and buy a V. 14” Brembo brakes, 6 lug 18” wheels and the entire drive-train are completely different.

Like pjohnesq said, Miscreant has the front part number and install writeup at ctsowners, but the side skirts are also listed on this web site in the FAQ:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...ts-faq.html#33

There will be miscellaneous clips and things that you'll also need, especially for the side skirts. If you haven't yet, I'd also upgrade the rear license plate bezel to the painted one. Make sure to post pics when your done.

Borla also makes a full dual exhaust system for the CTS.

i got all the parts now except the rear spoiler can some one please post the item number.

Neither the CTS or the CTS-V came with a rear spoiler. There are several aftermarket ones on EBay that I've see, though.

I mean the rear bumper cover.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by rollinincaddys
    I mean the rear bumper cover.
    To my knowledge, the bumper covers are the same? The CTS-V does come with larger chrome tailpipes, so maybe they opened up the cutouts for the tips? I've never seen any post to that effect.

The V is slightly different. All 2003's were 3.2L cars. All manual 2004 cars were also 3.2L and the automatics transitioned to the 3.6L motor. The part numbers for the rear cover assembly are :
    3.2L (single exhaust): 12335546
    3.6L (dual exhaust): 12335719
    The CTS-V is: 12335776

The impact bar (metal bumper under the cover) is the same, but the impact absorbers are different from the 3.2L. The CTS-V and 3.6L part numbers the same, and are (R) 25749795 and (L) 25746733

You'll also need new 'Extension Covers', or rear inner fenderwells. The part numbers for the CTS-V are (R) 25773224 and (L) 25773225

I'm not sure anyone will notice if you don't change to the V rear bumper cover, since they're almost identical. If you add dual exhaust, simply cut out the new exhaust hole and no-one will be able to tell the difference, other than a V owner, and they'll notice the V6 sound, 12" brakes and 5 lug wheels immediately anyhow.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Odtsseus,
    Curious, how do you come up with those part numbers? Possibly you could share how you do it? I see in your profile you're an engineer not a GM Parts Manager

Somehow, a few months back, I downloaded a 1MB pdf of a CTS dealer parts catalog (with pictures) from somewhere (I don't recall where). It looks like someone copied the section from a CDROM, since it starts with page 120 and ends on page 135. I would love to have it posted on this forum under the faq, but I have no idea if it's 'legal' to have it. It looks like a pretty valuable reference for this forum, especially with how much upgrading we seem to do. PM me with an email, and I can forward a copy if you like. It will end all posts like this one on "what's the part number for . . . .".

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

ctsowners.com

So Miscreant was the guilty party!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.