Headlight Washer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Headlight Washer in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My headlight washer doesn't go back in after washing. The left one does but the right sticks out. How do ...
    ads37 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Headlight Washer

My headlight washer doesn't go back in after washing. The left one does but the right sticks out. How do I fix it? Is this covered under warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Headlight Washer

yes that should be covered for sure....Its probably a failed motor, do not try to fix it yourself

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

...'should be.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It sticks out like this?

a_user is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cool Re: Headlight Washer

Kind of off topic, but does anyone actually feel their headlight washers work well enough worth having the option? I find I go through much more washer fluid having it spray out at the lights as well, if you hold it long enough for the light washers to kick in (which usually you have to in order to get a decent amount of fluid on the windshield instead of a few quick bursts) I rearely notice an improvement in the clarity of the lights when doing it, and i find when driving at highway speeds the fluid dries and blows off so quick its almost useless, its a neat attention grabber at the lights though. As far as Im concerned its more a gimmick and just another mechinical device to malfunction over time.

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    It sticks out like this?
    nice pic.. what you some kind of professional photographer.?lmao

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Now that is interesting. I knew that the headlight washers were there, but I have never seen them in operation. I did not know that they extended like that to spray the washer fluid. I'll have to check and see if they are actually working.

Regarding their efficacy, one person suggested that the system probably depends on the wind produced by the moving vehicle to move the fluid across the headlight housing for cleaning. This does seem like a poor substitute for the wiper that some of the foreign cars have. A_user might be correct in that it is more of a gimmick than a really useful option - especially if they fail to retract.

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller
    Now that is interesting. I knew that the headlight washers were there, but I have never seen them in operation. I did not know that they extended like that to spray the washer fluid. I'll have to check and see if they are actually working.

Regarding their efficacy, one person suggested that the system probably depends on the wind produced by the moving vehicle to move the fluid across the headlight housing for cleaning. This does seem like a poor substitute for the wiper that some of the foreign cars have. A_user might be correct in that it is more of a gimmick than a really useful option - especially if they fail to retract.
    well its hard to notice em when you are in the car pressin teh button. you cant see em from inside the car.. but what you can to is this.. if you have hids like me you can pull up close to your garage door put the hids on and turn on the washers it look slike a giant coat comes over our lights when you see the shadow on the garage door.. first time i was like what the fcuk .

ads37 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah mine sticks out but not at full extension. Remeber the sprayer only works when your headlighst are on.

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller
    .... A_user might be correct in that it is more of a gimmick than a really useful option - especially if they fail to retract.

Definatly a gimmick.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I would say its useful....German cars havent had wipers on there for a long time....I think most dont understand what they are for....1. is to melt ice and snow more quickly...This is a dramatic change if you car is parked outside. The second is to remove things like mud etc from a very dirty cts.....So maybe most the time it is unneeded but i like it

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

When you have 2 inches of ice built up on the front of your car they don't do much.

pulsch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Very useful on dried salt/road spray. I have found the system to work well.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Required by law (maybe only in europe) when you have Xeon lights that can be affected by dirt and dust is my understanding... Maybe it has something to do with the way the light can be reflected if dirt is on the lense.

They only come with the Xeon lamps from my understanding.

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by crockone
    nice pic.. what you some kind of professional photographer.?lmao
    LOL..Nah, this guy at our Southern Cali CTS club meet was showing all of us other CTS owners how it worked and he snapped a picture of the washer in operation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.