Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Electrical Fault - anyone experience this?

Electrical Fault - anyone experience this?

Has anyone been driving their CTS and had the thing stall while driving with the DIC light up saying starting disabled - remove key or something like that? I have had this happen two times about three weeks apart now. Both times stalling me in traffic at somewhat slow speed. Bot times I was making a turn.

Calling the dealer to get it in for a diagnostic just wondering if anyone else has experienced such a problem in the past?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Electrical Fault - anyone experience this?

Quote Originally Posted by a_user
    Has anyone been driving their CTS and had the thing stall while driving with the DIC light up saying starting disabled - remove key or something like that? I have had this happen two times about three weeks apart now. Both times stalling me in traffic at somewhat slow speed. Bot times I was making a turn.

Calling the dealer to get it in for a diagnostic just wondering if anyone else has experienced such a problem in the past?

Thanks
    been in the dealer and been siting next to people in the waiting room who this has happened to.. mostly sts and devilles.,,

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Never had this problem. Have you called onstar and asked them to run a diagnostic when it happened?

On Star, Im not subscribed to to the service, but the thought did cross my mind. Besides I have the GM roadside assitance and also CAA ontop of that still, so it has a little value for me.

I called my local caddy dealer and am slotted in for tomorrow at 1600hrs. I said I wanted a diagnostic run on it since its happened it twice now (obviously the first time wasnt just some bogus fluke) there will be a record of the happenings.

I will post back with the information I receive. Lucky me, the dealer is a block from my place and if it takes more then a hour or needs to stay i get a loaner so atleast im not stranded or cabbing it.

Thanks guys

Had my car in yesterday afternoon for a diagnostic run. They are sending the results to GM engineers for further analysis. I am to call back this afternoon for results of their findings.

Will post back when I know more.

im tellin you this is very common i have heard alot about this when im in teh dealer..