0 year / 0 mile warranty
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 0 year / 0 mile warranty in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I love my 0 mile / 0 year warrenty that comes with the CTS. I have all kinds of problems ...
    d_todd_phelps is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 6 Speed Manual

0 year / 0 mile warranty

I love my 0 mile / 0 year warrenty that comes with the CTS. I have all kinds of problems with this piece of crap, and Cadillac refuses to fix any of them (loud high pitched transmission noise, trip meter, keys, radio presets). I'm certainly willing to live with warranty repairs, but the fact that they as a big company refuse to fix anything certainly means I will not ever buy another Cadillac again. The resale value on this piece of crap will problably be about $2000 after 4 years. What a waste of $35000.

Be advised that Cadillac says the 6 speed transmission is supposed to make high pitched whining noises that annoy the heck out of you. Anybody in the Ann Arbor, Jackson, Adrian Michigan area have the 6 speed manual transmission that would like to take this piece of crap for a ride and let me know if your car makes the same noise? Contact me at d_todd_phelps@yahoo.com.

Also to boot, they charged me an additional $400 for the car over the GMS price claiming a 1% increase which was not on my window sticker. They refuse to give me my $400 back.

I guess I'm in need of a lawyer.

Do all car companies act this way? I never had this kind of problems when I bought my last new car in 1990 (Chevy Berretta GTZ). Anything I had wrong with it, they fixed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 0 year / 0 mile warranty

Quote Originally Posted by d_todd_phelps

Also to boot, they charged me an additional $400 for the car over the GMS price claiming a 1% increase which was not on my window sticker. They refuse to give me my $400 back.

That GMS price is a fixed price, by GM, not the dealer. As a matter of fact, they are required to show you the GMS price upon request, which cannot be adjusted by the dealership. That additional $400 was some "dealer fee" thrown in the mix. BTW, I'm not admitted to practice law in Michigan or else I would love to ruffle a few feathers over at your dealership!

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

I love my 0 mile / 0 year warrenty that comes with the CTS. I have all kinds of problems with this piece of crap, and Cadillac refuses to fix any of them (loud high pitched transmission noise, trip meter, keys, radio presets). I'm certainly willing to live with warranty repairs, but the fact that they as a big company refuse to fix anything certainly means I will not ever buy another Cadillac again. The resale value on this piece of crap will problably be about $2000 after 4 years. What a waste of $35000.

Be advised that Cadillac says the 6 speed transmission is supposed to make high pitched whining noises that annoy the heck out of you. Anybody in the Ann Arbor, Jackson, Adrian Michigan area have the 6 speed manual transmission that would like to take this piece of crap for a ride and let me know if your car makes the same noise? Contact me at d_todd_phelps@yahoo.com.

Do all car companies act this way? I never had this kind of problems when I bought my last new car in 1990 (Chevy Berretta GTZ). Anything I had wrong with it, they fixed.
    Warranty service depends a lot on who you go to. I've had very good experiences at Don Massey in Plymouth. OTOH, my experiences with Goodman (now owned by Gordon so I don't know if anything has changed) in Ann Arbor were horrible.

I have a 5-speed manual that has a little whine which is normal as far as I am concerned. You are welcome to take a listen if you want. I'm in Ann Arbor.

TX_SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

why dont they fix it??? what did they say???? did u try other dealer??? have you ever heard of lemon law?? if the same problems comes up 3 times... you willl get a NEW CAR~~!! my family bought cadillacs ever since 1990 NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT~!~!~ they are well made cars... plus i just got 04 CTS 1SC package....for 36k out the door and i love it... no problems what so ever~!~!~! good luck!

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

My understanding of GMS is that the price is based on the sticker for the specific car you are buying. I bought a car once with an "old" sticker and paid the lower base price. I would speak with the GMS office at GM.

I've had no major problems with my CTS and the minor service visits I've had with Capitol Cadillac in Lansing have been fine.

Both of my daughters live in Adrian and I live about an hour away. I'd be glad to drive your car sometime and tell you what I think.

autumnjune is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would definatly tell them you are aware of the lemon law. My neighbor had a cadillac 2003 escalade she had it in 7 times to fix the horn. After the seventh time she looked into the lemon law, and last weekend she got a new 05 esco, and only had to pay 10 cents a mile on her old one.

Lawful is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm in Miami, Florida and deal with Ocean Cadillac for service and purchased my 03 CTS from another dealer and had no problems with warranty work to include the paint bubbling under my right headlight. The dealer contacted Cadillac and they replaced the front bumper and painted to match. Call the 800 number for Cadillac and they will get involved with solving your problems.

Good Luck.

CadiJeff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1981 CoupeDeville, 2 1990 Eldorados, 1994ETC ,1992STS

lenawee county huh? in laws live in tipton, small world. I would try another dealer, some might try to correct the problem just to attract future business from you if you explain your dificulties w/ a competitor.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have never had a problem with any dealership refusing to fix a problem

You have seemed to abandon this thread, and you didnt give us much info except that you are pissed, but it seems like its time for you to look for a new dealer

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Also, I dont' think lemon law applies when you buy a car under GMS pricing.

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you're willing to sell in 4 years for $2000, please contact me.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CaddyFan, I am not an expert in the field, but I am 99.9% sure that the lemon law applies to any new car regardless of how it is purchased. I could be wrong...Anyone know for sure?

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

From the GMS rules:

Dispute resolution

If there is a dispute involving repairs made to a vehicle under the GM Limited Warranty or regarding the extent to which warranty coverage is provided, the purchaser is encouraged to first seek resolution with the management of the dealership. If resolution is not reached, contact the Customer Assistance Center (CAC) listed in the vehicle owner’s manual. The CAC will discuss alternatives with the purchaser and/or the dealership to work toward an acceptable resolution. If resolution is not achieved at that point, the remaining recourse is to go through the GM Dispute Resolution Process to submit the dispute to a neutral third-party arbitrator. Participation in the GM Dispute Resolution Process in lieu of litigation is mandated in consideration of the discount received on the vehicle through The Programs.

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

take out an aftermarket warranty... there are many companys that sell extended warantees.. now if you bought a new car or fairly new car like that there MUST be something wrong if they didnt at least give you a 75000 powertrain warranty.. they wanted to get the car out the lot and have nothing to do with it again.. thats why they have the lemon law.

d_todd_phelps is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 6 Speed Manual

Sorry for not getting back to everyone sooner. Thanks everyone for responding, your certainly more helpful than Cadillac.

Mbai2, I'd like to meet you sometime after work. I work in Ann Arbor. You can contact me via email at d_todd_phelps@yahoo.com. I'll contact Don Massey in Plymouth and see if they will do anything for me.

By taking it to Don Massey, it will be the 3rd time I've taken it to a dealer, which qualifys for the lemon law here in Michigan.

I've spoken with the Cadillac through there 800 number. I keep getting a message every week stating that they are looking into the problem. This has been going on for 4 weeks.

CadiJeff, Tipton is where I go to vote.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.