How many miles do you have on your CTS? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, How many miles do you have on your CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Same about the trans lines for me. They didn't blow out, but leaked. Caut me off guard so I had ...
    holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

Re: How many miles do you have on your CTS?

Same about the trans lines for me. They didn't blow out, but leaked. Caut me off guard so I had to pay to replace. You guys at cadillac should really know about this. I mean, on this site alone, its the predominant topic along with the oil consumption and timing chains.

georgiaexpress8601 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Automatic Luxury

2004 CTS 4-Door 3.6L Automatic. Bought @ 82,000 miles, now I have 95,000 (7 months)

6 Disc CD Changer jams every once in a while. Disconnect/Reconnect battery fixes problem.

Sunroof Air-Dam Plastic piece broke, so I ripped it off. Interior Air Chamber reverberate "booms" when @ 55-65 mph. I keep sunroof under 60% open at highway speed to alleviate problem, or 100% open under 55 or over 65.

Battery started to poop out at 94,000, dash lit up like a Christmas tree. ABS Brake/Traction/Stability Control Module + 15 other error codes reported by dealer. $1200 fix (was supposed to be). Replaced battery, all problems disappeared and no error codes or lights for past 1000 miles.

@82,000 new spark plugs, all fluids flushed and changed, fuel injector cleaner, belt changed, tire rotate, balance, alignment.

Car has had dealer recommended maintenance through the complimentary maintenance period (if there was one back then), from then on run solely on premium gas + full synthetic oil.

As far as any actual problem with the car besides mentioned above.....sunroof piece and a battery are the only things ever done to the car. Rides 100%, hit 142 mph but ran out of road, previous owner claims everything on the dash (160), I will find out soon. I drive it hard enough, more than the average consumer I presume. Full inspection by dealer every 2 or 3 oil changes, they never have anything to say but keep up with maintenance and everything is 100%.

Looking forward to hitting 100k, then 150k. Gonna try to hit 200k, then will probably sell it and go get another, maybe a V. Car has been superb so far.
    salcuta88 likes this.

CTSjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L manual

2003 with 190065 miles
    dudegolong, salcuta88 and Ikera like this.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I have 140,000 kms. Or 90,600 for those of you who bleed red white and blue lol. Still lots of life in her. One more mod for it then all my money is going into my Mini Cooper. The caddy will be the traveling car.

arnold18998 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    2003 with 230k on it at 200 I did a overhauling.... I love the damn car what can I say
    CTSjones and CTSjones like this.

956Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Cts Black Raven
    152, 030 and no major issues other than regular maintenance and strut replacement. 2004 3.6L

DonnyCapone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 3.6L Cadillac CTS w/ luxury & sport package

Just hit 82,000 miles on my 2005. I baby her though she spends a lot of time indoors.

dudegolong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8

[QUOTE=ghettomike;3243920]i would like you to issue a recall for the transmission cooler lines for all 2003-2007 cts automatic transmission models.
    extremely dangerous condition could arise (and has a uncountable amount of times) where the transmission line blows off the radiator/transmission fluid cooler leaving the accelerator inoperable due to no transmission pressure. also dumping transmission fluid onto the road and tires of the vehicles causing environmental and safety hazards. this condition can cause reduced traction an reduced braking.
    (feel free to use my wording in the recall............)

Mine did this back in september....

I got mine back in February 2009 with 37.5k miles on it. I stand before you know with 117,500 miles and I debate wether or not to get a new care before something else goes wrong- i've had the above timing chain, oil consumption, water pump and trans line issue.. oh and the cylinder misfire issue thanks to a bad coil pack too!

2004CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L - Every Option Except Nav

Just recently turned 106K on my 2004 (yes, below average for its age). Still runs great and strong, no issues.

Red Dwarf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS

Just turned 21,500. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I have to slow down!
    Tlorenzen likes this.

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    190,400 miles... Currently getting transmission rebuilt.

Oefootball_70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS
    05 just turned 80k miles. Not sure about major repairs, I just took ownership of the vehicle.

Planktron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5M Luxury/Sport: V rear bumper and V exhaust
    My '03 is sitting at 95,5XX. Very low for its age. Wish I knew if the timing belt has been changed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

clownin72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    03 just went over 84k, owned it since 07.

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Rolled over 115,500 today on my 04

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.