How many miles do you have on your CTS? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, How many miles do you have on your CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc Glad that, overall, everything is going well for our drivers! Keep us in mind ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: How many miles do you have on your CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Glad that, overall, everything is going well for our drivers! Keep us in mind if you should ever run into a situation you would like for us to check into further.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service
    i would like you to issue a recall for the transmission cooler lines for all 2003-2007 cts automatic transmission models.
    extremely dangerous condition could arise (and has a uncountable amount of times) where the transmission line blows off the radiator/transmission fluid cooler leaving the accelerator inoperable due to no transmission pressure. also dumping transmission fluid onto the road and tires of the vehicles causing environmental and safety hazards. this condition can cause reduced traction an reduced braking.
    (feel free to use my wording in the recall............)

anyone else ready to not hear a reply?

sorry Sarah, dont take it personally, i know you didnt design the vehicle (maybe you did..i dont know)
    i love my CTS but due to neglect from Cadillac i dont know if i will buy GM again (this is my 3rd.) this issue should have been recalled years ago, i feel strongly that this is the #1 issue with the CTS.

------

aside from that... ive broken the 200km mark.. with the help of my toolbox.
    Tom's Caddy and Ikera like this.

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Quote Originally Posted by bronsonllh
    2003 256,000 miles, runs and looks great!
    Wow!!! I'm hoping to reach that milestone.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rc102782
    just bought a 2003 with 248000 on it. Runs great. I did a carfax and ALL maintenance was done at a Caddy dealership. Even when the cabin air filter was changed like 10k miles ago.
    More hope for me. Thanks!
    Tom's Caddy likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    i would like you to issue a recall for the transmission cooler lines for all 2003-2007 cts automatic transmission models.
    extremely dangerous condition could arise (and has a uncountable amount of times) where the transmission line blows off the radiator/transmission fluid cooler leaving the accelerator inoperable due to no transmission pressure. also dumping transmission fluid onto the road and tires of the vehicles causing environmental and safety hazards. this condition can cause reduced traction an reduced braking.
    (feel free to use my wording in the recall............)

anyone else ready to not hear a reply?

sorry Sarah, dont take it personally, i know you didnt design the vehicle (maybe you did..i dont know)
    i love my CTS but due to neglect from Cadillac i dont know if i will buy GM again (this is my 3rd.) this issue should have been recalled years ago, i feel strongly that this is the #1 issue with the CTS.

------

aside from that... ive broken the 200km mark.. with the help of my toolbox.
    Ghettomike, I know that this isn't the answer you're seeking, so I apologize for the inconvenience. We did some research on our end of things, and unfortunately our department is not equipped to handle customers who reside outside the United States at this point in time. So, we definitely recommend getting in touch with the Customer Service team nearest you to discuss your concerns! When I investigated, I found the following link to GM of Canada's contact information for you: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/cadillac/

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Kael is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option

175 thousand miles on 2004 3.6L
    I too have lost my transmission cooler lines.
    Thankfully I was stopped awaiting a light, the hose dumped, the computer sensed the lack of fluid and disengaged the transmission, saving it.
    Towed to the dealer. 4 hours and 1300 dollars US$ later, I have a new radiator, lines and fluid. Car is fine.

Starcc_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

2005 3.6 with 76k. 4 trips from Jersey to Georgia within a year. Regular maintenance done but did recently lose my reverse(6speed manual). Also bad coil #1, terrible front flex disc, bad driveshaft bearing, had the entire shift linkage replaced and the computer fried(I don't how). This all happened in within a month all at once. Not to happy about that but all repairs have done car rides better then the day I purchased it. Bought the car with 43k about 4 years ago. Overall not 100% satisfied with my car plan on possibly selling or trading in for a newer Sts or maybe Dts. But that damn Xts keeps blowing kisses at me when I see her(can't afford her though, lol).

MrR0se is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6L

2006 with 120k

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Ghettomike, I know that this isn't the answer you're seeking, so I apologize for the inconvenience. We did some research on our end of things, and unfortunately our department is not equipped to handle customers who reside outside the United States at this point in time. So, we definitely recommend getting in touch with the Customer Service team nearest you to discuss your concerns! When I investigated, I found the following link to GM of Canada's contact information for you: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/cadillac/

Best,

Katie
    then please help out this member (customer...) then in the meantime...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ntbesides.html
    and this one...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-radiator.html
    and this one...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...oblem-diy.html
    and this one...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-radiator.html

want me to keep searching?
    and by help i mean get this recalled and issue refunds for all those out of pocket... just like you had a recall issued for the brake lines in cold weather climates.

i also stumbled across similar complaints from STS owners...as i believe they share a similar transmission and same radiator and transmission lines.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Ghettomike, thank you for providing those links! I'll document your post so the appropriate GM teams can review the older threads, and I will be posting on the most recent thread that arose this weekend (your first link) while I was off duty.

Katie

jrplz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Old post and just bought a cts ! and I pray to GOD it last me this many miles !

CtsLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

2005 with 165000 miles. just bought it about a month and a half ago and besides having to replace the battery everything seems to be going pretty smooth. hope everthing keeps going smooth and it lasts me a while!

aviatordave is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 1976 Seville (sold)

2007 with 75K miles. I bought it 2 years ago with 57k miles (yeah, that's 750 miles a month. I'm retired and have another car too.... which only gets about 200 miles a month). changed the oil to synthetic and replaced the battery last year. I'm looking forward to many more years of issue free driving.

blck lac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts 3.6
    2006 CTS.75,000. Just got it last. Aug. All murdered out. And oh so blk

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

40,000 uk miles on my cts

nike1993 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts
    I just got my 2007 CTS, with 85,000 miles. Runs great
    salcuta88 likes this.

drknt03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS,3.2L

Did you ever find where the leak was comimg from, because i have the same problem. i checked the drain tube from the sunroof and they all worked fine. it also seems to come from the passenger side. thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.