stop the automatic power seat?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, stop the automatic power seat? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer, so my apologies if this is already out there somewhere. ...
    9C1
    9C1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

stop the automatic power seat?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer, so my apologies if this is already out there somewhere. My question is: how can you turn off the setting for the seat automatically retracting when you turn off the car? Every time I turn off the car and start to get out, the power seat moves back and makes it hard on the kids trying to get out behind me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: stop the automatic power seat?

It's in the radio settings. You'll have to scroll down to Set-Up. Then to Exit(or something like that) and de-select it. I believe there are two settings, one where you remove the key and it starts to move and another where you open the door. Either way, de-select both of them.

KOT

9C1

I bought the car recently and it came with an aftermarket stereo, so am I out of luck?

Sorry to say... yeah. If I were you, I would go back to the dealer and see if they are willing to call the previous owner, that is if the car was traded at their business. To see if the previous owner has the factory radio still.

Or, you could purchase a factory radio off the net. Have it VINed to your CTS at a GM dealer and you can go from there.

KOT

9C1

Ah, thanks. I am finding out that the factory stereo in a CTS controls a lot of things. I saw someone else's CTS and the stereo even displayed the outside temp. Wouldn't mind having that, too. I've thought about getting a stock stereo to get all those factory features back.

Factory radio will display...

Outside temp
    Miles per gallon (instant)
    Miles per gallon (average)
    Average miles per hour
    Two trip meters
    Oil Life Monitor (gives you approximly how much %age is left in the life of the oil. Doesn't not see the oil level though, so you still have to check that. Personally, I go 10,000 miles between changes because of the OLM.)
    Transmission fluid monitor (exactly like the Oil Life Monitor)
    And if you have the TPSM, it'll display all four tire's pressure.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.