Driverside Footwell is wet!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Driverside Footwell is wet!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I searched a bit and came up with a bunch of threads covering rear carpets being damp, but not really ...
    CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    I searched a bit and came up with a bunch of threads covering rear carpets being damp, but not really much over the driverside footwell being damp.

Anyway, yesterday I pulled up my rubber floor mat I use in the winter and noticed my carpet, directly where i rest my right heel while driving, totally soaked. I'm wondering what this could be, any ideas?

Sunroof I'm guessing, if so how would I fix it? I have no clue where any of the drains are or how to clear them. Some step by step instructions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks guys...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bump.

Sorry, don't mean to be impatient but I wanna deal with it as soon as I get home. It's been raining a lot this week...

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    This may sound stupid but make sure water isn't going over the edge lip of your mat, and make sure there are no pinholes in the mat. Haha I know you are rolling your eyes. I would say that maybe you have a blocked drain or maybe it is frozen. There are drains for all the water that goes to the bottom of the windshield. Water may build up and go into the intake vent for the heater system. That's just a theory. Have seen that happen a few times on other vehicles but I don't know the caddy 100% inside and out.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Re: Driverside Footwell is wet!!

Make sure the rubber mat is not leaking............K.I.S.S. rule.

----------

Ha....Blayne beat me to it.

I wish that was it guys haha, and I thought of that. But no the rubber mat is brand new and not leaking. In addition, I actually have 3 layers. The floor carpet, then on top of it a carpeted mat that came with the car, then the thick rubber mat over top of that, and the water is actually soaking from the bottom layer up to the middle carpet mat.

Where would I check for these drainage holes? Like specifically? I ask because I don't have a garage, it's very cold, and I don't want to be searching around cluelessly for it later tonight.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacAsAlways
    I wish that was it guys haha, and I thought of that. But no the rubber mat is brand new and not leaking. In addition, I actually have 3 layers. The floor carpet, then on top of it a carpeted mat that came with the car, then the thick rubber mat over top of that, and the water is actually soaking from the bottom layer up to the middle carpet mat.

Where would I check for these drainage holes? Like specifically? I ask because I don't have a garage, it's very cold, and I don't want to be searching around cluelessly for it later tonight.
    That I wouldn't know for sure. I bought mine last fall, and like I said I don't know it inside and out yet. But someone else I am sure can help on this. I'm sorry but I have a heated garage and I would look at mine for you but i am at work right now. The black plastic piece at the bottom of the so shield may have to come off to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne

That I wouldn't know for sure. I bought mine last fall, and like I said I don't know it inside and out yet. But someone else I am sure can help on this. I'm sorry but I have a heated garage and I would look at mine for you but i am at work right now. The black plastic piece at the bottom of the so shield may have to come off to see them.
    Thanks I appreciate it anyway! I may just take it to a dealer tomorrow if I can't deal with it myself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.