New guy, new questions!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By shadowelement
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, New guy, new questions! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello everyone! I am new here. My first car (just bought it) is 2003 Cadillac CTS 2003. So far - ...
    shadowelement is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New guy, new questions!

Hello everyone!

I am new here. My first car (just bought it) is 2003 Cadillac CTS 2003. So far - loving it. But i have 2 questions:1) my low on gas light never switches on - why? 2) i bought the car with after market system, how can i peogramm wheel buttons from there ? Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chcts05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 2.8L 6spd.

Re: New guy, new questions!

My 05 CTS also doesn't have a gas light..it just says "low range" on display.
    And as far as the after market system goes.. They do make something that wires into the factory harness and the aftermarket harness to allow use of steering wheel controls. Sells on Ebay for around $25-$30.

shadowelement is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thank you for your reply!

I don't have any screens on my cts, since the sound system is after market - all it says is stuff related to music, i don't see any other screens.

chcts05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 2.8L 6spd.

I have all stock factory shit in my car. Haven't had a chance to do anything to it yet.
    I want to replace factory stereo with double din touch screen monitor.
    But that will remove all my neat info stuff. Tells me average mpg, oil life, outside temp,instant mpg, and so forth.

DeFo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by shadowelement View Post
    Thank you for your reply!

I don't have any screens on my cts, since the sound system is after market - all it says is stuff related to music, i don't see any other screens.
    Low fuel warning is shown in one of two places......on a standard CTS this message is in the Driver Information Center, if you have factory NAV, you get the warning on the NAV screen.
    If the previous owner pulled the entire head unit to install an aftermarket unit....you probably no longer have the Driver Information Center, or factory NAV, and therefore will not see this message.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by chcts05 View Post
    I have all stock factory shit in my car. Haven't had a chance to do anything to it yet.
    I want to replace factory stereo with double din touch screen monitor.
    But that will remove all my neat info stuff. Tells me average mpg, oil life, outside temp,instant mpg, and so forth.
    Look in the How-Tos....there are custom installs where you can retain the Driver Information Screen

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.