aftermarket rims
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, aftermarket rims in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Might be a stupid question but, can you put 17" rims on a tire size that is p225/55r16 ? It ...
    bruinsfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts , 3.6L

aftermarket rims

Might be a stupid question but, can you put 17" rims on a tire size that is p225/55r16 ? It also says 94h on them. Or do i have to buy 16" for them. I really don't want to buy bigger tires i want to keep the tires i have. And do i have to buy rims that are rear wheel drive rims? I have a 2004 cts v6. Base model. I believe my rims now are 16x7 original wheels. Thanks guys.

----------

Forgot to mention if anyone knows a place online where i could purchase a set that won't break the bank. Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

westlee.williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS
    The only way to reuse your tires is to stick with 16" wheels. You can't put 16" tires on a 17" wheel or vice versa.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsfan
    Might be a stupid question but, can you put 17" rims on a tire size that is p225/55r16 ? It also says 94h on them. Or do i have to buy 16" for them. I really don't want to buy bigger tires i want to keep the tires i have. And do i have to buy rims that are rear wheel drive rims? I have a 2004 cts v6. Base model. I believe my rims now are 16x7 original wheels. Thanks guys.

----------

Forgot to mention if anyone knows a place online where i could purchase a set that won't break the bank. Thanks again.
    You can look on Craig's list or eBay and look for tires. There are always a lot of 17" tires due to people getting new ones for their car and selling the stock 17's which are often very good tires. You need RWD wheels per say. Some companies do list them as FWD or RWD.

bruinsfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts , 3.6L

Re: aftermarket rims

A friend of mine has a Chrysler 300 and put on 20" rims and tires, would that fit the 04 cts without any problems? He said he also has rear wheel drive. He selling them for a great price but i just was wondering if it would fit my car and also affect the ride at all. Thanks for the help guys.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsfan
    A friend of mine has a Chrysler 300 and put on 20" rims and tires, would that fit the 04 cts without any problems? He said he also has rear wheel drive. He selling them for a great price but i just was wondering if it would fit my car and also affect the ride at all. Thanks for the help guys.
    If it is the 300 C then yes they will fit. If it is a 300M, they will fit but they aren't the exact size. The 300C is 5x115. The 300M is 5x114.3. Not 100% on the offset. Try them on your car and see how I goes!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: aftermarket rims

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsfan View Post
    Might be a stupid question but, can you put 17" rims on a tire size that is p225/55r16 ? It also says 94h on them. Or do i have to buy 16" for them.
    Read here - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=33. That's one of many wheel/tire tech articles on Tire Rack's website. Educate yourself before you make a mistake and buy something that doesn't fit your car.

And do i have to buy rims that are rear wheel drive rims?
    Any place that sells wheels by "FWD" or "RWD" is a place to be avoided. A couple of decades ago, it was common for RWD cars to use wheels with offsets close to zero and FWD cars typically had high positive offsets. Now that's not true at all, so trying to classify wheels that way is stupid.

Purchase a set of what? Tires or wheels?

You need to know the wheel width and offset, the hub bore, and the bolt pattern to know if they'll fit your car. If you plan to use his tires, you'll obviously need to know the tire size to know if that will fit your car. Since you didn't even tell us what year your buddy's 300 is, and we have no idea what brand or model wheels he bought, we have no way of answering your question.

20" wheels and tires are substantially heavier than your 16" stock wheels and tires. That will impact every aspect of the vehicle's handling - acceleration, braking, response to rough pavement, etc - and not in a good way. You'll see a reduction in gas mileage, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    If it is the 300 C then yes they will fit. If it is a 300M, they will fit but they aren't the exact size. The 300C is 5x115. The 300M is 5x114.3. Not 100% on the offset. Try them on your car and see how I goes!
    Please don't throw gas on the fire.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.