questions for the pros????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, questions for the pros???? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok so I got a deville love it but I've been pushin it with little issues here n there So ...
    oldskool92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville 92

questions for the pros????

Ok so I got a deville love it but I've been pushin it with little issues here n there
    So Idisllike it for that thinking about selling it and getting an 04 cts.herd their looks are
    Great but.issues with gaskets are costly.which I'm terreified of happing to me .. what's ur advice guys and tips to find a good one

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: questions for the pros????

Hey, and Illinois guy! I used to live west of Peoria.

Anyways, devilles are nice but the northstar can be more costly than the LY7. the 3.6(LY7) is a pretty good motor from my view point. The major problem is oil consumption, but if you are conscious about you're oil level there's nothing to worry about.

I love my cts, I've had it 3 years and not a single problem @ 108k. There's plenty of nice 1g's around, don't settle for an "Okay" one.

Also, the cts is more current and less old person oriented haha.

Hope this helps.

I used to live in spring valley.... my deville is the iron v8 not n* thanks for your opinion

----------

Oh yea what yr is it?? I also herd 03s fall apart that's why 04 is on my mind .. idk just don't want to throw away 6000 dollars away

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

nice. thats about 2 hours from me.

its an 06. the older you get the more likely it's going to be in worse shape, but not necessarily.

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    I have a 03 and I haven't had it fall apart. I had several issues that I fixed that previous owner neglected. I'm the second owner, bought it with 60k miles and currently at 113k. Only thing I've done besides routine maintenance is the power steering pump and rack and pinion which was done under warranty. I've done valve cover gaskets (normal maintenance for the 3.2), timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, coil boots, one wheel bearing, front brakes, thermostat, and tires. I can also vouch that they hold up well in an accident, my current CTS was broadside by a GMC Envoy with a brush guard at 35mph. It was $5500 in repairs, but both passenger doors and right rear quarter were replaced as well as repairing the rocker, but my wife, my 3 year old and my 6 month old walked away.

How long have u had it for seems like a lot of replacing to me lol

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool92
    I used to live in spring valley.... my deville is the iron v8 not n* thanks for your opinion

----------

Oh yea what yr is it?? I also herd 03s fall apart that's why 04 is on my mind .. idk just don't want to throw away 6000 dollars away
    03's aren't any more likely to fall apart than other years if they've been maintained the way they're supposed to be. I've got an 03 with the 3.2L and 100k miles and it's never had a single problem I've had to deal with. Only big cost I've ever put into it was purely preventive maintenance.

You can find an 03 that'll last you many more years or an 07 that falls apart on day one, and certainly vice versa. All depends on the previous owner...just be careful!

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool92

----------

I don't think I've seen hardly anyone say anything about 03's having a catastrophic failure unless poorly maintained. My 03 has 141k on it and still runs great no breakdowns for me just normal replacement parts, and items like gaskets that break down over time on any vehicle.

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    I've had mine 3 years, but the majority of those parts were the 100k maintenance. 100k maintenance was the most expensive repairs I had but they were preventative maintenance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.