buying rims and need help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, buying rims and need help in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am looking into buying new rims for my 03 cts i have my eye on 20 inch rims but ...
    bigces435 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac CTS

buying rims and need help

I am looking into buying new rims for my 03 cts i have my eye on 20 inch rims but dont know if they will fit size - 20x10, 5x115 with a offset of 20mm anyone know if they will fit??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by bigces435
    I am looking into buying new rims for my 03 cts i have my eye on 20 inch rims but dont know if they will fit size - 20x10, 5x115 with a offset of 20mm anyone know if they will fit??
    No they won't. You need at least a 35 offset. Also, 10" wide is pretty wide. To be 100% sure, try and stay with a 20" 8.5" wide and 35-40 offset. There are lots of rims out there. You can even go with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern if you can't find the 115. I always said I would try not to do it but the rims I found don't come 115 so I will prob go 114.3 with hubcentric rings!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: buying rims and need help

As Blayne said, NO, a 20x10" +20mm won't even be close to fitting.

I'll re-post here what I've posted in other threads in which the OP clearly had no frickin' clue what they were asking...
    There are tons of websites that explain wheel fitment. Arm yourself with the knowledge and then you don't have to ask for help every time you look at another set of wheels. None of us is going to know the pertinent information off the top of our heads - you can google for it just as easily as we can. Bolt pattern, wheel width, offset, and hub bore are the things you need to know. If you’re trying to play around with wheel fitment options, you need to do some learning first. Play with this some - http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp. (ET is offset.) Tire Rack also has plenty of wheel tech on their website.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    That is a fantastic wheel guide. Best one I have seen yet. To the OP, it's not just about if it will fit in the wheel well. There are many other things they look at for fitment. You have to think about the wheel well, being able to turn lock to lock with a wider rim. Not hitting the fender and bumper when turning. Clearing the calipers. Stress on the knuckles going with a wider wheel etc. you change even one aspect at all and handling characteristics change dramatically. Like I said, if you wanna go 20".....great, but try and stay as close to a 8.5 wide and 35 offset as you can. I will say that if you need to push the limits, there are the 2 parameters to watch. Width and offset. You can go with a 9" if you like but stay at the 35 offset. Or, go with a 32 or a 40 offset, but keep the 8.5". Stay as close to the basics as you can and there won't be fitment issues and you will be happy![COLOR="Silver"]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.