2004 CTS Headlamps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2004 CTS Headlamps in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My headlights have the washer and leveling system, but they are worn. Can they be replaced with a headlight assembly ...
    pmclean is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac cts

2004 CTS Headlamps

My headlights have the washer and leveling system, but they are worn. Can they be replaced with a headlight assembly without the washer and leveling system?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: 2004 CTS Headlamps

You need to further define 'worn'. Headlight lenss can be polished.

CTS-QC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6L V6 RWD Performance

The headlight washer system is useful and is part of the HID option. Why would you want to replace them with a non-washing set? For one thing, the washer system has an additional motor just for the headlights and is wired to work when the headlights are on. If I had to replace mine, I would definitely try to find the same lights. Much less trouble.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-QC View Post
    The headlight washer system is useful and is part of the HID option. Why would you want to replace them with a non-washing set? For one thing, the washer system has an additional motor just for the headlights and is wired to work when the headlights are on. If I had to replace mine, I would definitely try to find the same lights. Much less trouble.
    There are downsides to having the headlight washers. Depending on the fluid used, there will be soap streaks on the paint after use. On top of that, youll go through washer fluid about 3x's as fast as a CTS without the headlight washers.
    The op lists leveling as part of his headlights, which means he has a European model. From reading, it seems the CTS is very rare in Europe. The chances of him finding a used set of HID headlights in Europe could be very slim, which leaves the dealership. In N.America, a new set of HID housings will run you about 1800 if you buy new from the dealer, and ours dont have the leveling feature. He could be looking at 2000+ US for a new set.
    Thats why I was looking for clarification on 'worn'. Does the washer no longer pop out? Is the lens foggy? Are the lights just dull?

rayrod354 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS w/ V Series Bumper, Headlight painted eyelids...

I'm confused about what headlight washers are and do all CTS' have them and is the relay needed on all CTS'? Thanks, sorry, don't know much about cars and just got into a CTS....

jran0823 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    Any CTS with factory HID has self leveling.

pmclean is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac cts

I wanted to replace them with the same lights but the cost is about 900 dollars per light and the only time the washer system works is when you press the washer button to clean the windshield.

----------

i have tried to restore them but have been unsuccessful. They have an ashy look and around the outsides it looks like some kind of film on them that won't come off.

----------

Yep you are exactly right; about 2000 for a new set. that's why i wanted to know if i could replace them with the ones without the washer system because i don't use it anyway unless i press the washer fluid button to clean the windshield which i rarely do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.