Help with timing chain plz!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Help with timing chain plz! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am replacing my timing chain (major one and 2 minor ones) for 1525.00 and I was wondering if someone ...
    Live4_god is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts

Help with timing chain plz!

I am replacing my timing chain (major one and 2 minor ones) for 1525.00 and I was wondering if someone could PLEASE tell me what else I should replace I've read somewhere that you should replace tensioners and something else to save money from labor....I'm not that familiar with cars so someone please help me my car is a 2005 cts 3.6l with 76,000 miles on it and I'm replacing the chain because I've read tht they can stretch and or break without warming....please give me info

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: Help with timing chain plz!

At 76,000 miles? Is it making any noise? My car has 108k on original chain, runs like a champ. I've always heard it'll start making noise long before it breaks. So I'd say why spend the money if there's nothing wrong. Maybe someone with some more experience will chime in.

Live4_god is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts
    Thanks for posting bro..see I was wondering if there would be a sound/sign that I'll notice to change my timing chain or will it just break/get loose without warning because I can't afford a new transmission

----------

And to answer your question it makes a very low clicking noise while it's on and in park and when im driving and I accelerate at a fast rate the clicking noise sounds faster but once I'm in 2n gear or above I can't hear it....could it just be the fan? Or does it sound like the chain?

MyTJsuX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Check your oil level your vvt with low oil can give you symptoms like your timing chain is going.... If your chain had issues you would hear it slapping..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.