Nice to meet y'all
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Nice to meet y'all in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself to everybody here. I figured that maybe I should actually join this ...
    Calgary03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Cts Sport Luxury

Nice to meet y'all

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself to everybody here. I figured that maybe I should actually join this forum instead of just using it for fix it research. I've gotta say though, this site has helped me through every single problem I've had on my car (03 CTS). From front brake lines, oil cooler, sub installs and my current project for the day... Frnot brake pads and rotors, tie rods and if I still have time, an aftermarket trans cooler. I'm not much for preventative maintenance, too lazy for that. All 3 need direct attention so it should be a fun one.
    Anyway, once I take her for a good wash, I'll post some pics for you. Just for a teaser, she's got an aftermarket grill, 20's, custom two-tone paint and a couple subs.

Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shaftmasterflex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here too. Tons of good info, and, from what I've seen, I good group of people. So, don't be afraid to ask questions.

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: Nice to meet y'all

welcome. a bunch of nice guys on here, always willing to help. we dont do well with "teasers", we want pics.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Welcome to the forum. Judging by the name I would guess you are a fellow Canuck eh?

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgary03
    Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself to everybody here. I figured that maybe I should actually join this forum instead of just using it for fix it research. I've gotta say though, this site has helped me through every single problem I've had on my car (03 CTS). From front brake lines, oil cooler, sub installs and my current project for the day... Frnot brake pads and rotors, tie rods and if I still have time, an aftermarket trans cooler. I'm not much for preventative maintenance, too lazy for that. All 3 need direct attention so it should be a fun one.
    Anyway, once I take her for a good wash, I'll post some pics for you. Just for a teaser, she's got an aftermarket grill, 20's, custom two-tone paint and a couple subs.

Andrew
    Welcome to the forums! You'll love being an active member here and ask away if you got questions.
    I'd go get that preventive maintenance done though. It'd be a shame for your timing belt to pop on your 3.2L and have it totaled after all that love, money, and time invested in it.

SWells is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Welcome from just up the road (Red Deer).

Thanks guys, I finished everything I wanted to get done today including the trans cooler. I would have been done earlier if I would have received the right parts for the tie rods. Had the old ones out and realized they were completely wrong. Apparently 2003 CTS sounds a lot like 2003 Focus.. Oh well, done now. About the timing belt, I plan on it in the next month or so, I only have 140 KM but I know it should be done. I just finished head gaskets on a 2.5 Subaru and that was fun to say the least. Just wondering if I could vice grip the cams like I did on the subaru. Same kind of thing, 4 cams, crank and tensioners... I would just hate to buy a $140 tool kit that I'll only use once and not even end up needing it

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

white diamond is the fastest.

welcome to the forum, you will understand it one day.

Live4_god is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts
    Hey guys can y'all give me some advice or help me out in some way....okay so I'm replacing my timing chain (major one and 2 minor ones) for 1525.00 and I was wondering what else should I replace while I'm at it so I can save some money from labor rates...ive decided to replace my chain because I've read a lot of posts an threads saying they tend to break before 100k miles well mine is a 2005 cts 3.6l with 76,000k miles..do please help a fellow cts owner out. Thanks

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike

Would you stop polluting everyone's minds!!! He's new, let him decide for himself lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike

We shall have to see after my tax refund, I think I'm gonna try out the snow performance meth injection. Then those damn knock sensors better not pull timing on 110 octane.

I like the lowering you did on yours, looks sweet. Always liked the color match grill too. One of my many ongoing projects is a custom fiberglass grill. I cut out all the horizontal slats on my stock grill and I'm trying to make one that's sunken back a bit like the old Buick GSX. Not sure how it'll turn out as it's my first attempt at fiberglass. Probably pretty bad.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Welcome, sit back and enjoy the ride.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    Would you stop polluting everyone's minds!!! He's new, let him decide for himself lmao!!!
    GhettoMike is correct. Ive had a Blue Chip Black Raven and White Diamond CTS. The White Diamond was clearly the fastest, not even arguable. It runs 9's in the 1/4, spinning tires at the 1000ft mark.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.