Subwoofer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Subwoofer in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi, I got a 2006 CTS with the non bose system. I'm currently replacing the door Speakers. I also want ...
    Acdcpsp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Subwoofer

Hi, I got a 2006 CTS with the non bose system. I'm currently replacing the door Speakers. I also want to replace the factory sub any suggestions? I would like to Keep it in the rear package tray. I tried with an infinity reference sub but its too deep and the back window is in the way. I really don't want to add an amp and run wires but if it come down to it maybe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: Subwoofer

seems like some folks have been able to get a free-air sub to fit in the rear shelf, but not without some cutting. i dont think your chances are very good getting it to sound any better, especially with the factory amp. most end up with a separate amp and sub.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k
    Try mounting from the bottom, that should be easier. And yes, power it with an aftermarket amp.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

I bought a box for it today and disconnected the wires from the factory sub and ran it into my new and the factory amp don't have the balls to power it. SO I will go and get an after market amp. Only issue is I need to figure out how to get the remote signal wire set up on it the after market since I'm keeping the stock deck...

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k
    Easy...tap into a fuse in the rear fuse box under the back seat, use one that's only hot when ignition is on. You can use the stock sub wiring as your tapping point for your line out converter too.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Yeah That's what I was thinking. Thanks. I'm kinda thinking about adding an after market radio and doing the DIC mod......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.