Camber kit?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Camber kit? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Do I need a camber kit for the coilovers I want to put on? It didn't come with adjustable pillow ...
    Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package

Camber kit?

Do I need a camber kit for the coilovers I want to put on? It didn't come with adjustable pillow mounts, so I thought maybe the knuckle had an oblong hole for the adjustment?

----------

Just did a search and the fronts have a bolt in the lower control arm and the bracket is slotted. Not sure if it will be enough. Curious about the rear tho.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    I was gonna ask a similar question. Does anyone now if the Cts camber can be adjusted in the rear. I went to Firestone for an alignment and they said they don't do camber adjustments on a Cts.

From what I have found on the net the rear should be adjustable also. It is the same as the front. It is done by loosening the lower control arm and moving it in a slot where it bolts. You should be able to take a look under your car and see if you have a slot there. I haven't checked yet cause we have too much snow to go rolling around on the ground lol.

----------

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...s-04-07-a.html

There is a thread from the LS1 forum. You can see the slot on the pic of the front. There is none on the rear but apparently the V doesn't have it in the rear, the reg CTS should have it. I just haven't been able to check. If its nice in your area maybe you can go take a look for both of us lol. I have read that depending on how low we lower the car, you may have to remove the LCA and make that slot a little longer to get the camber close to zero!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07
    I was gonna ask a similar question. Does anyone now if the Cts camber can be adjusted in the rear. I went to Firestone for an alignment and they said they don't do camber adjustments on a Cts.
    Ok, I managed to get a look at the rear LCA's on my car and they are adjustable too. Loosen the bolt and slide it. You may need to make the holes a slight bit longer with a die grinder if you can't get it far enough over to be in spec!

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayne

Ok, I managed to get a look at the rear LCA's on my car and they are adjustable too. Loosen the bolt and slide it. You may need to make the holes a slight bit longer with a die grinder if you can't get it far enough over to be in spec!
    Interesting. I have to check that out in two weeks. I might have to adjust my rear passenger camber a bit. I will be swapping out my shifter linkage, diff and driveshaft bushings.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Camber kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    There is a thread from the LS1 forum. You can see the slot on the pic of the front. There is none on the rear but apparently the V doesn't have it in the rear, the reg CTS should have it. I just haven't been able to check. I have read that depending on how low we lower the car, you may have to remove the LCA and make that slot a little longer to get the camber close to zero!
    The suspension on the V and V6 is exactly the same, so yes, the Vs have the same camber adjustability in the rear.

And why would you want to put your camber close to zero? Presumably you're putting coilovers on the car because you want to improve handling, in which case near zero camber is a step in the wrong direction.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC
    The suspension on the V and V6 is exactly the same, so yes, the Vs have the same camber adjustability in the rear.

And why would you want to put your camber close to zero? Presumably you're putting coilovers on the car because you want to improve handling, in which case near zero camber is a step in the wrong direction.
    Your absolutely right....zero would be wrong. But, I will be lowering the car at least an 1 1/2". So, the camber will be well off of the "zero" mark. I used it as a reference as a close to stock point. I will be going with a bit of a negative offset when the alignment is done. I took a look at my bolt for adjustment and it looks as tho it is almost as far as it can go, so I may need to make that hole a tad bit longer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.