Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 cadillac CTS Automatic Shift Control Linkage Replacement

bobbyb123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

2003 cadillac CTS - Loose & Clunky Automatic Shifter

I have a problem with my shifter being loose (While moving it back and forth in park and between gears) and making a metallic sound when putting it in different positions. I understand from some posts on the site that it could be a shifter linkage bushing. I found a small hard rubber bushing on the floor which was broken up so I suspect that it's the problem. When I looked under the car the shifter linkage was loose and wobbley where it connects to the shift lever, not the transmission. I'm not sure if this is normal and not sure how to remove it to check. There is a small nut holding it on but it is also wedged between two flanges.

Does anyone know if there should be a bushing at the shifter lever where it connects to the linkage or if it being loose and wobbley is normal? I would like to pull it out and look but not sure how to disconnect it. I have a 2003 Cadillac cts automatic base model. Thanks.

Last edited by bobbyb123; 02-11-13 at 03:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Cadillac Posting Rules