People that have lowered there CTS / Also is FE4 CTS-V suspension worth it on a CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By praprestoabi
  • 2 Post By dboydr
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, People that have lowered there CTS / Also is FE4 CTS-V suspension worth it on a CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ...
    dboydr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Question People that have lowered there CTS / Also is FE4 CTS-V suspension worth it on a CTS?

People that have lowered their CTS / also is FE4 CTS-V suspension worth it on a CTS?

I want people to weigh in on whether or not they liked or disliked lowering their CTS, and how they did it.

What are the Pros and Cons with lowering (alignment issues, rubbing (what tires and wheels are you running)…?

Also is the FE4 upgrade from a CTS-V worth the time and cost?

When doing the CTS-V upgrade who has went all in with shocks, struts, sway bars front and rear? Did you like the outcome? I have been hearing that it is a little harsh to drive day to day.

Has anyone just used sway bars from a CTS-V and lowered their sedan model with FE1 and lowering springs and noticed any difference in handling / ride?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L manual

Re: People that have lowered there CTS / Also is FE4 CTS-V suspension worth it on a C

I replaced the stock suspension on my 2003 CTS with springs/shocks/sways from CTS-V. Got the complete suspension for $250 from a wrecked V. Lowered my CTS about 1/2 inch.

I am not disliking the ride quality, but it does not ride like a Cadillac any more. I still have the 16" rims and tires so if you have 18"s or 20"s I suspect it may be rather harsh.

The handling is better, but I have since swapped out the CTS-V sways for Addco units. If I were to start again, I would probably go straight to adjustable coilovers.

praprestoabi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): HAD 2004 CTS 3.6, Now 2010 CTS Wagon 3.0

Re: People that have lowered there CTS / Also is FE4 CTS-V suspension worth it on a C

i lowered mine a week ago and completely love it. had fe3 suspension so i replaced with kyb. like he said above^^ it doesn't ride the same but i like the more aggressive it rides and the handling is much approved. love the look too. i have 18's and think its perfect, i wouldn't want the stress of 20's and worrying about rubbing! go for it! hotchkis springs btw!!
    CTSjones and Leects07 like this.

dboydr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Well i want to lower the car... but want to have a nice smooth ride!!! best of both worlds. coil over system seems to be the way to go. I looked into it and i guess for a grand i can get fully adjustable coil overs. Something I might save up for...
    CTSjones and CTSjones like this.

praprestoabi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): HAD 2004 CTS 3.6, Now 2010 CTS Wagon 3.0

if i had the $ coil overs is what i would have

HERDMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Sport 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by praprestoabi View Post

i lowered mine a week ago and completely love it. had fe3 suspension so i replaced with kyb. like he said above^^ it doesn't ride the same but i like the more aggressive it rides and the handling is much approved. love the look too. i have 18's and think its perfect, i wouldn't want the stress of 20's and worrying about rubbing! go for it! hotchkis springs btw!!
    how much did you lower this?

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I lowered mine with D2 coilovers. The ride is awesome. Pretty much a stock ride until you get into the corners, then they shine lol. I have 20's on my car. I had to roll the fenders but that was due to the offset of my wheels and the wider tires. Just a heads up, there are no camber kits for the CTS. The alignment is done by a slot in the lower control arms. These slots don't allow for a whole lot of movement. I lowered mine quite a bit and I am maxed out on the slot and still only gets me to -1.5 degrees. If I want a true 0 degrees I would have to raise the car. I left it as it is cause I actually want the -1.5 cause I drive the car aggressive in the corners. I can post some pics later if ya want, on my cell right now.

----------

Here is a link to my build. There are some pics in there of the suspension and the car lowered on the stock 18's and 20's. hope the link works lol[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

----------

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...cts-build.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.