Is this 2006 CTS lowered???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Blayne
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Is this 2006 CTS lowered??? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ...
    dboydr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Question Is this 2006 CTS lowered???

I just bought this CTS a few months ago, got a steal of a deal. The Caddy is awesome!!!
    I have one question though. Is it lowered? I would like to replace the suspension with the CTS-V FE4 and sway bars "I have been hearing it is worth it". But don’t know if it was lowered already, it looks low compared to others I see. But I was hoping you guys and gals might have some input.

I do know the current suspension is FE1 shocks and struts. The wheels were replaced with 18" V series and sport 245-45-18 rubber.

Front.JPG

car10.1.JPG

car3.1.JPG

IMAG0090.1.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Very nice car, but those aren't V wheels. They're the 18" 12 spoke Sport wheels. Still very nice, but the V wheels have 6 lugs not 5 and have fewer spokes. I just picked up a set of similar wheels to yours. They're 18" Sport wheels but the 9 spoke version.

Anyway, I'm not sure you want the V suspension. I hear its extremely stiff and rough on a much lighter base CTS. It doesn't feel as good as it does on a V. I'd look into getting a used sport suspension system from an 06 or 07 sport model. That will be much better. I believe it's the FE3 suspension?

Re: Is this 2006 CTS lowered???

Oh did not know that on the wheels.... thanks.

I do love the car. I heard that going to the FE3 you can’t use when lowering the car cause of the design. I hear that FE1 or FE2 is the easiest way to go, but I kind of want the Nivomat self leveling ability, FE1/FE2 would not have this ability, FE4 you have the Nivomat self leveling with a slight mod to the rear shocks you can use them. I am curious how much stiffer the ride would be though....

I was thinking of just lowering the car with the FE1 system and just using CTS-V sway bars to get a crisper handling, but then heard that over a short period of time blows the shocks/struts out cause of using lowering springs?

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

sweet car and i like the wheels. the car actually looks high compared to mine, maybe its just me.000_0078.JPG

is yours lowered?

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

that cta is stock height, with factory cts "sport" 18" wheels.

if you like soft suspension leave it if you like stiff suspension change it.
    but putting factory cts-v suspension in will only lower it about a 1/4 of a inch.and you wont even notice it.
    then if you put on the cts-v sway bars it will raise it up a little. they are stronger and thicker taking some of the load off the suspension.

mines lowered, but i have mens sized rims so its hard to compare the ride height.

mighty mouse rear drop kit, FE4, Eibach pro kit, V sways

What is the mighty mouse rear drop kit??? been hearing that here and there... is it a kit you buy? I was looking at same set up you did FE4 and V-sway bars, but want to go with H&R springs so it drops 1" in rear and 1.25" in front. The Eibach does 1.2" all the way around.
    Mens sized rims???

Also do you like the ride with the stiffer suspension? would you do it again???
    Under normal driving "Freeway / stop light to stop light" is it harsh to drive?

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by dboydr
    What is the mighty mouse rear drop kit??? been hearing that here and there... is it a kit you buy? I was looking at same set up you did FE4 and V-sway bars, but want to go with H&R springs so it drops 1" in rear and 1.25" in front. The Eibach does 1.2" all the way around.
    Mens sized rims???

Also do you like the ride with the stiffer suspension? would you do it again???
    Under normal driving "Freeway / stop light to stop light" is it harsh to drive?
    The stock V suspension won't make much of a difference stiffness wise. The sway bars will stiffen it a little tho. Going with stiffer springs always has drawbacks. Yes, it will be a bit bumpier. But it will handle a lot better. Going with a full set of coil overs would give you the best handling and ride combo!

And when he said man size rims he meant he has at least 20" rims on there!!!
    ghettomike and ghettomike like this.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    The stock V suspension won't make much of a difference stiffness wise. The sway bars will stiffen it a little tho. Going with stiffer springs always has drawbacks. Yes, it will be a bit bumpier. But it will handle a lot better. Going with a full set of coil overs would give you the best handling and ride combo!

And when he said man size rims he meant he has at least 20" rims on there!!!
    bingo.
    ive tried lots of different tire and rim combos, and i always come back to 20" rims.

"nice rims, do they come in mens?"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.