Rims Paint
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Rims Paint in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey everyone, i was thinking about painting my rims,black, what do you guys think? i dnt have the money right ...
    knals is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Cts 03 V6 3.2L

Rims Paint

Hey everyone, i was thinking about painting my rims,black, what do you guys think? i dnt have the money right now to buy new rims, so i guess painting them is my option, here a pic of my car, also been thinking about painting the grill same color as the car is, i dont know for sure jaja, any coments or ideas are welcome IMG219.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

Re: Rims Paint

I plastidip'ed mine

knals and knals like this.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57
    I plastidip'ed mine
    Yup....:me too. Easiest paint to use. A 3 year old can do it and it is about $7 a can. Get 4 cans and you are all set. Go to www.dipyourcar.com for all the instructional video you need and a how to on painting rims!!!!

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

I got mine painted. BTW, Nice Color!

knals and knals like this.

alright!!!! exactly what i needed, its easy to remove right? i gotta admit, it looks awsome, what about the grill, recomend me to paint it too?

yeah the color is nice jeje

another question, i see you ( brown 57 ) have a spoiler, looks awsome man, gives the car a whole other look

Plasti-dip is pretty easy to remove and suprisingly durable. I've been thinking about dipping my old grille and slapping it on just for shits and gigs.

I also have a spoiler, got it on ebay for $140 from thespoilersource. The pics above are outdated haha.

These are also outdated as I now have a V exhaust. Happy modding my friend!

thats real nice buddy, jaja i still need to modify a lot of things to get it look that good jaja,another question if you dont mind, does the exaust help? in horsepower or anything? im kind of dissapointed, i installed a k&n intake a few weeks ago, didnt help anything, sounds a lil better but i still only get 10 seconds from 0-60, idk what u get

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by knals
    thats real nice buddy, jaja i still need to modify a lot of things to get it look that good jaja,another question if you dont mind, does the exaust help? in horsepower or anything? im kind of dissapointed, i installed a k&n intake a few weeks ago, didnt help anything, sounds a lil better but i still only get 10 seconds from 0-60, idk what u get
    10 second 0-60mph time? Man there's something wrong with your CTS.
    2003 3.2L was 6.9, 3.6L was 6.5 and I'm not sure about the 2.8 but it's probably under 7 sec too. You sure about that?

yeah i have tried it so many times! all i get are 10 sec. what could b causing this? im realizing my car is REALLY slow then!!! and its a 3.2, v6 its an 2003 cadillac cts the luxury, shit, now im really dissapointed, any ideas what could b slowing my car down? and also another thing, i can NOT do a burn out with the car, it jst doesnt let the wheels go. if i slowly relese the brakes doesnt help anything either

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    Quote Originally Posted by knals View Post
    yeah i have tried it so many times! all i get are 10 sec. what could b causing this? im realizing my car is REALLY slow then!!! and its a 3.2, v6 its an 2003 cadillac cts the luxury, shit, now im really dissapointed, any ideas what could b slowing my car down? and also another thing, i can NOT do a burn out with the car, it jst doesnt let the wheels go. if i slowly relese the brakes doesnt help anything either
    Have you disabled the TC (Traction Control)? Theres a button inside the glove compartment...and I set one of my SWK (Steering Wheel Keys) to do the disable also...

yeah i have done that, press it long enough n it turns of stabylty system off too, bt still cnt do it! what worries more is the 0-60. mine does 10 seconds????? and its supose to do 7 or less????? what could b wrong?

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Here are some pics of mine when I did it!

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport
    I love the look of my spoiler and have yet to see another CTS with the same style around me. It was put on by the previous owner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57 View Post
    I love the look of my spoiler and have yet to see another CTS with the same style around me. It was put on by the previous owner.
    I wish I could've found one like yours. Still satisfied with mine though, but it does look sick.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by knals
    yeah i have done that, press it long enough n it turns of stabylty system off too, bt still cnt do it! what worries more is the 0-60. mine does 10 seconds????? and its supose to do 7 or less????? what could b wrong?
    That's real strange. I consistently got 7.0 to 7.1 for my 0-60s when I did a bunch of trial runs, but this was with an auto tranny, my sub in the trunk and a light weight friend sitting in the car timing it, plus an engine and frame with 98k miles.

I have no doubt that if I took out the sub, spare wheel, no passenger, open exhaust, future CAI, seafoamed the engine, plus my lightweight stock 16" wheels rather than my new 18"s I could pull a 6.7 sec or less...maybe less. Less than 6.7 is probably optimistic, but i figure even 6.7 is pretty decent. That's a blink of an eye slower than a 3.6L stock.

I've also noticed that if you keep the car in 2nd gear (the auto tranny has a 2,3,4,D,N,R setup) you can get slightly better times by flicking the shifter up to 3rd as it begins to redlines. This is later than the auto in Sport mode would otherwise shift it.

----------

Also, one really confusing thing I keep encountering is that many sites say the 2002 CTS (build date I would assume) has a 0-60 of 7.2 while the 03-04 3.2Ls have 6.9 sec 0-60s.

I am fairly certain that mine has a build date of early 02, yet it most definitely goes faster than 7.2 under good conditions. I'm not sure if this 7.2/6.9 thing is accurate, as what would be the difference that would cause 02s to be .3 sec slower?
    I believe they're all just 6.9s unless someone knows something I don't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.