Lowering With MightyMouse Mod?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Lowering With MightyMouse Mod? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, I'm looking at lowering the whip around 1" and needing some help. I have a pair of rear ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Lowering With MightyMouse Mod?

Hey guys, I'm looking at lowering the whip around 1" and needing some help. I have a pair of rear CTS-V self leveling shocks and have been searching about the MM Mod with no luck. Anyone on here done this before/know what else I'd need to get for lowering? This is not my area of expertise at all lol.

I'd like to keep my ride pretty similar as to how it is now, but get rid of some body roll and feel a little more stuck to the ground. I don't want a harsh ride though, screw that, this isn't a miata lol.

thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    Hey guys, I'm looking at lowering the whip around 1" and needing some help. I have a pair of rear CTS-V self leveling shocks and have been searching about the MM Mod with no luck. Anyone on here done this before/know what else I'd need to get for lowering? This is not my area of expertise at all lol.

I'd like to keep my ride pretty similar as to how it is now, but get rid of some body roll and feel a little more stuck to the ground. I don't want a harsh ride though, screw that, this isn't a miata lol.

thanks guys.
    PM GHETTOMIKE, I believe he completed this mod a while back and can help you out.
    ghettomike and ghettomike like this.

cabletech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L M35 LtPt

Re: Lowering With MightyMouse Mod?

Thanks guys.

mickmosh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Camaro SS/RS

Here is the mighty mouse mod I did when I had them in my caddy. Guess I should've taken out spacers and springs before I traded it for camaro. It give a break down and part list for u. Don't forget ur going to need lowering springs still.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...cts/index.html

----------

My tablet won't let me edit or add to last post. When I did this I used Eibach Springs and the mighty mouse mod. It took about 3 hours to change everything out. Wasn't too bad of a job jack and basic tools. If you do lower you'll need alignment.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L / 09 CBR 600rr - Bazzaz tuned

dirt roads, 20" rims, mighty mouse mod, fe4, cts-v sways, eibach pro kit.

dont like stiff suspension? this mod isnt for you.
    i just wish i couls get rid of the bounce in the front end, rear is solid.

Thanks Dave. A couple friends and I will probably find a weekend (thinking Feb16-18) to do this. I'll give ya a call if need help haha

Mike, I don't mind stiff, I just don't want it to be harsh haha. What lowering springs are the best to go with? Pros/Cons each? H&R, Eibach, Hotchkis? I'm guessing they're all pretty similar? I get a refund next week and feel like spending some money haha. Need to order them soon though.

Also, why does your ass look so much lower in the first pic than second?

Getting excited about this mod.

ive only run stock springs (soft fe3...meh..ok) Eibach pro kit (nice but too short for factory shocks causing bounce)
    ive got V springs...truthfully i havent even opened the package that OD shipped me lol

it looks lower in the first picture because almost the entire weight of the car is on that 1 wheel lol
    dirt road, on hill kinda.. thats how cottage roads are.
    the pic of the whole car was right when i lowered it, so it was before the height settled a little, springs wernt broken in yet.
    so its about a half inch lower now.

i like the eibach springs, but i wish there was a shorter throw shock for the front of the car, that would reduce the bounce. the springs and shocks are meant to be made to spec to work together. slamming eibach springs on GM shocks works but isnt ideal (others disagree)
    with that said, on highways my car is amazing which is where i do most my driving anyway. ramps curves and high winds is where the car shines with this suspension. ive seen other cars getting thrown around by the wind and i was just driving normal wondering wtf was wrong with them, then notices the trees bent in half from the wind.

Do you have V shocks in just the rear? or front also? I'm curious as to how it will feel having a soft front and stiffer rear.

And makes sense, I lived in the country before I came down to FL for school, so I know what its like haha.

So would these springs work? looks like a pretty good deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eibach-3878-...87c52f&vxp=mtr

FE4 in the front, FE3 in the back and the fronts feel softer because of the shorter springs with factory lenght shocks.
    im putting my FE4 shocks on all around with CTS-V springs....eventuall.

that looks like what i paid new for the springs. i got them from tire rack
    http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...e&brand=Eibach

I'd be leaving in my stock shocks in the front..they're the soft ones(16" wheels lux package)..I forget the number, FE 2/3??..The V shocks are FE4 correct?

I can order these springs today I suppose.

** Ordered off Ebay. Should be here next week. Thanks all.

if you dont have fe3 or fe4 you dont have load leveling, so you wont need the mighty mouse mod for the rear.
    pop the springs on and call it a day.

with 16" rims, you have fe1 or fe2.
    luxury sport has fe3, cts-v has fe4 and i believe FG series shocks...cant remember the codes off hand.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    All your worries about bounce and ride harshness would be nullified if you spent the money and got coil overs. Most have adjustable compression and rebound ratings and you can get the exact height you want on all the corners and they will without a doubt ride better than any spring and shock combo you are going to get!

I have the V FE4 Nivomat's for the rear sitting in my room, which is why I asked about the MM mod. I want to say I have FE2 but I don't remember for sure.

Blayne, I would, but I'm a broke college student haha. I don't have $1200 to go spend on coil overs. $250 is enough as it is lol. If I don't like the ride I can just take them back off and sell them back to someone else, but from what I've heard, I'll like the ride.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

A quick look under your spare tire cover will refresh your memory as to which suspension you have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.