04 CTS check coolant level
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 04 CTS check coolant level in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am new to the whole forum stuff. My cts has had the same problem about two years ago where ...
    RJCCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

04 CTS check coolant level

I am new to the whole forum stuff. My cts has had the same problem about two years ago where the check coolant level popped up and took it to few me hanics and one found the problem he said was the thermostat. Now it's back again could it be that the thermostat broke or is their maybe something wrong with the compute I have seen weird codes pop up few times and one mechanic told me sometimes the computer just throws codes sometimes. Thank guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: 04 CTS check coolant level

Im assuming the coolant level is fine, or you would have mentioned it?

Yea its fine so I have no idea why it would be giving me that warning.

----------

Any ideas of what I should look for?

CTSVTexas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

Actually, I just resolved that identical problem with my O5 CTS when that message appeared on the DIC. I added more coolant to "above" the level line located on the side of the translucent reservoir. I added a lot more above the line, but still leaving plenty of room for liquid expansion when hot. Be sure to use a 50/50 water/antifreeze mix. There is a liquid level sensor in that reservoir, and it is very, very sensative when the liquid drops down to that level line. I would demand a refund from that mechanic that misdiagnosed the problem and cost you money to repalce the thermostat. A reputable mechanic would have checked the computer error code message for that DIC display, and would have read the Cadillac recommended solution.

Oh really because after fb check coolant level kept coming on my check engine came on and ever since he changed that it never happen until now but I will try what you said thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.