Cadillac Owners Forum banner

anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt?

10K views 91 replies 20 participants last post by  ztollon 
#1 ·
My friend has one.. works for his daddy business makes way to much mobey to sit on his ass, and neglects his wonderfully fast car which has a cia n tune. Me on the other hand work my ass off and finally got my dream car caddy cts 3.6. Id love a v byt this is all i can afford for the time. Im 21 btw. So i have a stage two catchcan from rx and a custom cia, h pipe, rx intake spacer n ported throttle body. So short of spending 6 grand for heads or supercharger what should i do.. i wanna beat this little f.er

----------

And dont say get a v cuz if i could i would -_-

#40 ·
concorso said:
A bolted up LY7 beating an R/T Charger? Sure, if the R/T driver forget to turn his car on before the flag dropped. They'll run high 13's with a good driver, trapping 100+. The CTS will run high 14's trapping 95ish. The only bolt ons available are CAI/Exhaustwork (combined for 20hp at best with stock cats) and the iceolator and a tune. The CTS needs alot more then some very minor bolt ons to run a 13. The ATS with 3.6L 323 hp, and less weight, runs a high 13. You wont pick up 70 hp from a CAI/Tune/and icolator. 40 hp if your lucky.

----------

Something is wrong with his car, or he cant launch the car. They are smoking fast, comparatively.

----------

The trans can be swapped with a 5L50E. Same case, stronger internals. The diff is a minor problem. Run a diff from an 06 or 07 CTS-V...they are more reliable. AFAIK, they are basically the same as the LSD in the V6.

----------

A better power delivery %? Bolt the shit out of an LY7? YOLO? What kinda hipstar talk is this crap? :p

Seriously tho...what do you mean by a better power delivery %?

----------

PErformance parts? If youre going to mention them with claims that you beat a 300C with the 5.7, then tell us what the parts are...or it comes across as BS.

----------

A catchcan is not a performance mod. It can help restore hp, but it cant create power that was never there to begin with.
Where are these 6 grand heads?

If you want to beat him, challenge him to an 8th mile, you may have a shot there if you catch him sleeping. Better yet, challenge him to an autocross event.
Not 100% sure what the it has the mechanic said everything is polished custom headers racing trany and different and drive shafted something about the fuel system
And if my friend still has the video ill post it here ur post a link to it

#43 ·
If you PM Tracy (SC1250) over at Rx he may have some more facts for you/links of the guys car. The guy was over there with his car when I was there, best sounding V6 I've ever heard. And actually, I'm not sure with the superchiller, It could be my mistake. Tracy should be able to tell ya.

#45 ·
Ik a guy that runs the dyno labs at the gm r&d plant. And hes taking my car in to get a como tune. Como is gm's newest racing team.. He said they can tune the f outta it to atleast krep up w a charger. If i spend sum money i can get a used lsx engine and drivetrain pretty cheap. Oma goodness :}

#48 ·
I had a 2.08 60' time which I thought was great. But also, I had spark plugs that had over 105k on them at the time...that could've effected my time a little bit haha. changed them out to iridiums now, track is closed till spring sometime so it'll be a while till I go back. What was your 60' when you had the 3.6?

#50 ·
I cut a 14.9 in the 3.2L. I don't have any of the slips on me anymore, but 14.9 at 92 is what I think it was.
I'm pretty sure my 60 was around 2.2.... Anything you can deduct in your 60 will double at the end for your ET.
Mind you my 60ft on my first run ever (15.1 @ 90) was a 2.38 which is phenomenally trash. I didn't launch hard either time. Work on your launch, you should be able to cut that 60 down to at least 1.9, 1.8

On 93 octane, with the mods you have, you should be cutting mid 14s assuming they are all working correctly. 3.6 should be 14.7, 14.8s stock
Make sure your DA isn't horrible either. That plays a role on your ET too.

#54 ·
For f*#k sakes, are we still talking a out beating a charger r/t? Really, is that the biggest aspiration in life is to beat a charger. My wife has a Mini Cooper that's supercharged with a few mods and she can beat charger. You bought a CTS. It is a sport sedan. If someone wants to go racing with a Cadillac, get a V!!!

#58 ·
I've never had an issue with 'Run what you brung'. There's a lack of aftermarket options for the CTS in terms of performance. Does that mean you should just stick to a few subs in the trunk and some 22 inch rims for that bling factor?

Why not performance discussion and track talk for a Sport sedan? Beats a million threads asking about rim spacing and clearance. LOL

#70 ·
Resurrection of an old thread. Lined up against a brand new 300s awd, and a 2nd gen charger r/t. Both stock hemis. I beat the charger by half a car and the 300s was a little more than half car infront of me.. Im very happy with the results even tho it wasnt an official quarter mile and we only went up to around 90. Im assuming after 90 they would start pulling on me but on roads you never really go over 60 so i can butthurt some hemis. happy Tuesday everyone. =)

#76 ·
I was actually kind of diappointed with the new 3.6 charger. Felt it should be faster as I was beating it with only a hand built CAI, and iceolator on a 10 year old platform. Did you notice much of a difference with the highflow cats? and also how much of an improvement was the heads?

#75 ·
Not bad. I didn't buy the car for running anyone, I live in mustang alley here and that's all you see. I sold my mustang and bought the caddy. My girlfriend has an 08 Saturn Aura XR with the 3.6 and I ran a blacked out newer v6 charger, assuming it was a 2012 model because of the new tail lights. From a dig it was neck and neck but still had a half car up to 80-90ish. Kid was like what the hell. Lol. And I know the caddy is a bit faster than the saturn having ran my girlfriend giving her a head start from a 30 roll and catching right up. Both cars bone stock. I'm ready to get a few mods in just to surprise a few people.

#80 ·
Loving the info on this thread, good stuff guys :thumbsup:
I would love to do at least an iceolator and a high flow cats mod however I'm still not so confident how will the GM 5l40-e take it long term i'm already probably 10 lb ft of torque at least above the spec and that's as far as I'll be pushing it without a trans swap or reinforcement, what do you guys think, any very long term counter examples to my opinion guys

#91 ·
Not sure if that would do anything to protect the trans. Peak torque for the LY7 is going to be lower and probably with your current setup it must have dropped a bit more, shaving 300 RPM of the top end doesn't IMHO seem to be a major inhibitor of trans failure.

#85 ·
I'm dreaming of the srt super bee in a second gen charger. But money will be he issue so I might be looking at the rt which has much of the same features. I'm simply a charger or challenger buyer right now, of course it's got to have the 8 in it. Love my cts, but it might be finding a new home.

#87 ·
My rommate has a challenger srt8. Its fun to drive but god the transmission sucks...his only has 12k miles on it and I hate the way it feels. Other than that its nice.

tollon, typically a dyno tune will give you good gains either way so I'd assume it'd still help. When I had my car on the dyno it was borderline lean/knocking so I'm sure theres some work to be done on it. I'm gonna research it a bit more..For $160 even a 5-10 hp gain would be good with me lol. Have you dynoed or put urs through the quarter yet?

#86 ·
Im sure remaping without mods to support it would have very insignificant gains. I didnt personally remap as for im new to this and scared to screw with something i shouldn't. I just watch my gf's uncle, he knows what hes doing, so i just tell him what i want and he does it.. or says no. Lol either way i think you would see pretty good gains with the tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.