anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by ztollon Super bee srt? Bad mothas. Btw the new dodge 3.6 v6's are very quick for a ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt?

Quote Originally Posted by ztollon View Post
    Super bee srt? Bad mothas. Btw the new dodge 3.6 v6's are very quick for a 6 banger my mom got one as lender from the stealership last year and she was bragging about beating a bunch of high school kids in a older mustang. Lol
    I was actually kind of diappointed with the new 3.6 charger. Felt it should be faster as I was beating it with only a hand built CAI, and iceolator on a 10 year old platform. Did you notice much of a difference with the highflow cats? and also how much of an improvement was the heads?

ztollon is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The heads cats and tune were done all at the same time. They made a HUGE difference.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post

I was actually kind of diappointed with the new 3.6 charger. Felt it should be faster as I was beating it with only a hand built CAI, and iceolator on a 10 year old platform. Did you notice much of a difference with the highflow cats? and also how much of an improvement was the heads?
    I think its due to the weight of the car its in because the 200s and crossfire have the 3.6 and they are much faster than the chargers and challangers with the same motor.

The heads cats and tune were done all at the same time. They made a HUGE difference.

----------

I think its due to the weight of the car its in because the 200s and crossfire have the 3.6 and they are much faster than the chargers and challangers with the same motor.
    I bet. I want to do headers after vmax gets the TB finished...but ill need a tune for that too which will set me back a bit...not sure if im rdy for that when my trans is already weak.

And I think a lot of it has to do with the transmission as well....dodges trannys have always been junk. I love the hemi though.

If your looking for a good tune and something to do in your down time theres a company called diy autotune its like 160 something for there basic tunner. Comes.with everything you need. The catch is, assembly required. You have to solder the circuit board together or have someone do it. It took me about a week to build, its pretty easy, just tedious.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post

I bet. I want to do headers after vmax gets the TB finished...but ill need a tune for that too which will set me back a bit...not sure if im rdy for that when my trans is already weak.

And I think a lot of it has to do with the transmission as well....dodges trannys have always been junk. I love the hemi though.
    Im thinking of headers too.. long tube headers into a catless exhaust. I bet it would sound soo so nice too bad no one makes them... yet

CTSM is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Loving the info on this thread, good stuff guys
    I would love to do at least an iceolator and a high flow cats mod however I'm still not so confident how will the GM 5l40-e take it long term i'm already probably 10 lb ft of torque at least above the spec and that's as far as I'll be pushing it without a trans swap or reinforcement, what do you guys think, any very long term counter examples to my opinion guys

When i tuned it, i set my rev limited to 6000 instead of 6300 and i didnt tune the trans at all. But if it does go out, you guy will be the first to know. Lol

If your looking for a good tune and something to do in your down time theres a company called diy autotune its like 160 something for there basic tunner. Comes.with everything you need. The catch is, assembly required. You have to solder the circuit board together or have someone do it. It took me about a week to build, its pretty easy, just tedious.

----------

Im thinking of headers too.. long tube headers into a catless exhaust. I bet it would sound soo so nice too bad no one makes them... yet
    Really? Ive never heard of it...what all does it let you tune? Do you need a dyno for it?

I know a guy in orlando who builds custom headers...idk how much he charges though..

I'm pretty sure you don't need a dyno for it. I mean to test your result your going to have to, but to actually tune it all you need is a laptop.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ase-p-128.html

happy hunting

hm. interesting. I've seen alot of people with boosted applications run similar (pre made) tuners. Do you actually notice any differences when you remap yours?

holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

I'm dreaming of the srt super bee in a second gen charger. But money will be he issue so I might be looking at the rt which has much of the same features. I'm simply a charger or challenger buyer right now, of course it's got to have the 8 in it. Love my cts, but it might be finding a new home.

Im sure remaping without mods to support it would have very insignificant gains. I didnt personally remap as for im new to this and scared to screw with something i shouldn't. I just watch my gf's uncle, he knows what hes doing, so i just tell him what i want and he does it.. or says no. Lol either way i think you would see pretty good gains with the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by holsgo View Post
    I'm dreaming of the srt super bee in a second gen charger. But money will be he issue so I might be looking at the rt which has much of the same features. I'm simply a charger or challenger buyer right now, of course it's got to have the 8 in it. Love my cts, but it might be finding a new home.
    My rommate has a challenger srt8. Its fun to drive but god the transmission sucks...his only has 12k miles on it and I hate the way it feels. Other than that its nice.

tollon, typically a dyno tune will give you good gains either way so I'd assume it'd still help. When I had my car on the dyno it was borderline lean/knocking so I'm sure theres some work to be done on it. I'm gonna research it a bit more..For $160 even a 5-10 hp gain would be good with me lol. Have you dynoed or put urs through the quarter yet?

Negative. As soon as I finish this intake its going on tho.

Post it up when you do. I'll think about ordering this so maybe I'll have it finished by the time my TB is ready. Need Moar powar!

Yessir

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.