Cadillac Owners Forum banner

anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt?

10K views 91 replies 20 participants last post by  ztollon 
#1 ·
My friend has one.. works for his daddy business makes way to much mobey to sit on his ass, and neglects his wonderfully fast car which has a cia n tune. Me on the other hand work my ass off and finally got my dream car caddy cts 3.6. Id love a v byt this is all i can afford for the time. Im 21 btw. So i have a stage two catchcan from rx and a custom cia, h pipe, rx intake spacer n ported throttle body. So short of spending 6 grand for heads or supercharger what should i do.. i wanna beat this little f.er

----------

And dont say get a v cuz if i could i would -_-

#4 ·
look up White Diamond Power Block Mini cadillac cts

(it actually comes up on google now lmao)

r/t is a v6 isnt it?

Reactions: Argent1
#24 ·
I am going to say bullshit on that. I had a 07 3.6L CTS and now I have 300C. Even with the 300C having 20" rims, it would still smoke the CTS.

To the OP, you will have to spend a lot of money to beat the HEMI. Your friend only has to spend a fraction to make that HEMI even faster. You will never beat him with a V6.

#8 ·
Tlorenzen said:
Well, he could spray (bad Idea), buy a V(can't), Get a turbo/super (good Luck), or bolt the shit of the LY7(again, good luck) and take everything out of the car. Then he may have a chance..I know the caddy has a better power delivery %, but good luck my friend...390 tq...good luck. ha.
He can also do the same tho g as the ls1 swap ;)

#10 ·
There isn't a supercharger "kit" so start calling custom shops.
There was a underpulley for the 3.6
Throttlebody spacer
Hp tuners
Lighter rear wheels
Take out back seats and trunk liners
Cols air intake
You can probably do a dry kit fairly easily and get away with a 50-75 shot without wrecking anything

Then , if he doesn't know much about racing convince him to raise his tire pressure. It shrinks his tire "footprint" and he will spin his tires off the go easier.
Lower your tire pressure a little to make a bigger footprint, grip and go.

Unfortunatelly there are cheap software plug ins for his car...so he's at a advantage.

#12 ·
Rx Super/Turbos the LLT and LFX. They don't currently have a setup for the LY7, If I remember correctly. but would probably be willing to do a custom.

75 shot? I think thatd be pushing the limits pretty hard. I could imagine a 50 safely though.

If you bolted up everything available and had a 50 shot I'd say you would have a pretty good chance. He does weigh more...4031 lbs..vs our 3600ish(I think). Especially If you take out everything, but this is imagining he's stock.

Play dirty, water down his gas. lol JUST JOKING

#13 ·
75 dry shot isn't much... I've put a 175 wet shot direct port in before, that thing hauled ass!

#15 ·
Actually, that car was also running on home made race fuel.
I forget the recepie, but it was ultra 94 octane fuel mixed with metholhydrate and something else... It can't from the painting section of a hardware store...I'm sure google will tell you how to make race fuel.

#19 ·
ghettomike said:
Just a 4cyl..........93 talon tsi awd, boosted 44psi, built motor and trans, taller 1st gear, high flow pump out of a v6 supra turbo(I think), front mount intercooler external bat shut off,big injectors (forget the flow rate off hand), with leather and power options... Just your average grocery getter.
Old roomates car, it was a big project we worked on.

Never law down to a dodge!
I come from the DSM world too. Nice to see another DSM'er on here. I had 2 different 97 AWD TSi's. Funnest and far fastest car I ever had. Turbo's that eat babies are awesome. That being said, the caddy is a great ride. I didn't buy it to be a power house. Bought mine as a trial to get a V real soon!

#23 ·
Not saying they are really fast cars, but stock for stock a 5.7L Charger will run a 14 flat 1/4, a 3.6L CTS will run high 14's, my STS falls in the mid to low 14's.

More HP/Torque usually does the trick, it's just faster than our cars, that's all I'm saying. And it isn't that easy to get a CTS to run a second faster in the 1/4 to try and keep up with one.

#25 ·
mmvvt said:
I am going to say bullshit on that. I had a 07 3.6L CTS and now I have 300C. Even with the 300C having 20" rims, it would still smoke the CTS.

To the OP, you will have to spend a lot of money to beat the HEMI. Your friend only has to spend a fraction to make that HEMI even faster. You will never beat him with a V6.
Bullshit? I beat my friend's Hemi equipped charger with a diamond white mini power block and flames painted on the sides. Forget the turbo, that's all it takes OP.

#26 ·
You're right, I forgot about the white diamond power block. You and I both know which one is faster, and so does everyone on this forum. My friend has a V6 Charger with a bunch of R/T batches all over it, maybe Javi beat one of those.

But... I'm not going to continue to comment. I love Cadillacs and I would also stand by my car. I am looking to get into one with a 2010 CTS AWD, but I will also know that I will never beat a HEMI with it. Just the way it is. Sorry.

#29 ·
I've run a charger rt in my 03 V6 from a slow roll and took the jump on it in sport mode, held up for a few mph, but he was getting ready to freight train me. I would say the 3.6 stands a better chance, but should lose as well, even modded.

#30 ·
mmvvt said:

I beat the 5.7 Hemi's all day long with my GTP and that was a v6. The only race I ever lost with that car was to a 03 Cobra and he spanked me and I raced ALOT of Chargers, Camaros, Vettes and NA Cobras. Then again you don't buy a V6 CTS to race with.

#33 · (Edited)
ztollon said:
You guys are under the assumption they are smokin fast. I didnt say he was being me bad at all. Actually i surprised him until my fuel cut off engaged i was mybe two car lenghts away at 135. Forced induction would make him look silly, You could mybe keep up w the big dogs then
2 car lengths is a spanking in a race. Charger R/T's aren't smoking fast, just faster than ANY stock V6 CTS. And faster than my V8 STS, but hey, I didn't buy my Cadillac to go fast...Bought it for its style, presence, and its many amenities. The 320 ponies are plenty, if I ever wanna really fly in a Caddy I'll get a V and mod the shit out of it.

#35 ·
Here, I got an Idea. Just buy a 572 big block and drop it in. YOLO.

But I could really see a bolted up ly7 beating a bone stock rt, but if hes modded, I wouldn't even try. You can get a first gen V for 16k. It'd be cheaper trading yours for one and then paying the difference, rather than the amount youd spend to beat him.

#39 ·
A bolted up LY7 beating an R/T Charger? Sure, if the R/T driver forget to turn his car on before the flag dropped. They'll run high 13's with a good driver, trapping 100+. The CTS will run high 14's trapping 95ish. The only bolt ons available are CAI/Exhaustwork (combined for 20hp at best with stock cats) and the iceolator and a tune. The CTS needs alot more then some very minor bolt ons to run a 13. The ATS with 3.6L 323 hp, and less weight, runs a high 13. You wont pick up 70 hp from a CAI/Tune/and icolator. 40 hp if your lucky.

----------

You guys are under the assumption they are smokin fast. I didnt say he was being me bad at all. Actually i surprised him until my fuel cut off engaged i was mybe two car lenghts away at 135. Forced induction would make him look silly, You could mybe keep up w the big dogs then
Something is wrong with his car, or he cant launch the car. They are smoking fast, comparatively.

----------

Not happening OP wish it could be done.

People, you are forgetting one MAJOR point here.

Anyone here can attempt this madness on his own expense or do the smarter thing and learn a free lesson from BMW's notebook.

BMW ran this specific transmisson in the E39 540i, matched it to it's M62 V8 engines which produced 320ft.lb (440 N·m) of torque way exceeding the GM 5L40E transmission's peak torque rating of 250 ft·lbf (340 N·m). And the resiult was bad. 540i's were destroying their transmissions at 90K+ miles.

Another issue is I don't know if the Getrag's rear differential the V6 CTS has can handle much further torque than what it already has to deal with from the LY7.

So to answer this in an informed way, it would be great if we could show this Dodge guy who's boss by using the LY7 / GM 5L40E combo in this CTS, but that's a pipe dream at best. To do so with this CTS, at least the transmission has to be swapped and forced induction must be used on the LY7, which means plenty of mechanical and software mods that you defintely can't afford.

A cheaper option might be not to compete with a much richer guy and being content with what you have, love your CTS, enjoy it and don't look too far ahead, because next you will be trying to beat your other buddy whom rolls around in a vette.
The trans can be swapped with a 5L50E. Same case, stronger internals. The diff is a minor problem. Run a diff from an 06 or 07 CTS-V...they are more reliable. AFAIK, they are basically the same as the LSD in the V6.

----------

Well, he could spray (bad Idea), buy a V(can't), Get a turbo/super (good Luck), or bolt the shit of the LY7(again, good luck) and take everything out of the car. Then he may have a chance..I know the caddy has a better power delivery %, but good luck my friend...390 tq...good luck. ha.
A better power delivery %? Bolt the shit out of an LY7? YOLO? What kinda hipstar talk is this crap? :p

Seriously tho...what do you mean by a better power delivery %?

----------

say what you want bro till you race mine no shame no game right i have some custom performance parts on mine and it was a 5.7 he a good friend of mine but now he has a srt-8 and kicks my ass
PErformance parts? If youre going to mention them with claims that you beat a 300C with the 5.7, then tell us what the parts are...or it comes across as BS.

----------

My friend has one.. works for his daddy business makes way to much mobey to sit on his ass, and neglects his wonderfully fast car which has a cia n tune. Me on the other hand work my ass off and finally got my dream car caddy cts 3.6. Id love a v byt this is all i can afford for the time. Im 21 btw. So i have a stage two catchcan from rx and a custom cia, h pipe, rx intake spacer n ported throttle body. So short of spending 6 grand for heads or supercharger what should i do.. i wanna beat this little f.erHis R/T isnt stock? Im sure he picked up another 2 or 3 mph and a tenth or 2 with that.

----------

And dont say get a v cuz if i could i would -_-
A catchcan is not a performance mod. It can help restore hp, but it cant create power that was never there to begin with.
Where are these 6 grand heads?

If you want to beat him, challenge him to an 8th mile, you may have a shot there if you catch him sleeping. Better yet, challenge him to an autocross event.

----------

Lol I raced a stock 2012 charger 3.6 at the strip and beat it, not by much though. I had CAI and Iceolator and Catchcan.
The newer V6's are decent. Youll have no problems with an early Charger V6.

#36 ·
Tlorenzen said:
Here, I got an Idea. Just buy a 572 big block and drop it in. YOLO.
Hahaha!

Tlorenzen said:
You can get a first gen V for 16k. It'd be cheaper trading yours for one and then paying the difference, rather than the amount youd spend to beat him.
Precisely! Then put into the LS what you would've put into the LY7 and now you can spank just about anything! Problem solved!

#38 ·
Blayne said:
Lets all agree to disagree. This thread could go on for years. Bottom line, if ya want to beat an R/T, by all means do what ya gotta do. I would love to see it. Just my .02 cents
Case closed! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.