anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by odthetruth I agree with Concorso. A basic bolt on LY7 will not beat a Charger RT. You ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt?

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    I agree with Concorso. A basic bolt on LY7 will not beat a Charger RT. You won't net 70hp with an ICEOLATOR, CAI, TUNE, etc. Thats why dynoing is so important to see what you are ACTUALLY making vs made prior. Dyno on same machine too, to keep it accurate. The CTS will need alot more then very minor bolt ons to see 13s, as Concorso said. I had Volant intake, custom catback with stock 3.6 parts on magnaflows, lightened wheels and tires, and best I was able to eek out was ~14.9. Mind you, thats on a 3.2 that was rated for 15.6 ETs. I've seen some heavier modded 3.6s cut 14.7s. LOL Seeing 13s is going to be difficult out of a CTS.

A faster trap speed most of the time shows power. If 1 car traps 100+, and the other car traps 90ish... there's no way you beat the 100+ car by 2 lengths to 130 from an equal start unless somethings wrong with the other car, or he's not racing. Thats the truth. Same applies to beating a 300c 5.7 hemi. Sorry man, but I've seen them in action and even stock, they'd take a CTS lunch money.

The 2011+ Pentastar V6 Chargers aren't exactly blazing fast either. A CTS would stand a better chance against one. From a dig, I'd give it to the CTS. Roll, you might have your work cut out for you. The old V6 chargers are DOGS and slow as all hell. You'll have no problem beating one from anything. LOL

Any slower car stands a better chance beating a faster car in the 1/8th mile drag, as that is much more relied on driver then car and if the launch is messed up from spinning (as more powerful cars do), he's basically lost the race as there's not enough time to recover

I did this or worse vs my friend's 04 300m, and no one believed it happened (even though I have it on video). The 300m is a slow car though, something like low 16s. 1 guy spent thousands of dollars, blew thru 5 transmissions, and was set up on a nitrous shot to get into the mid\low 14s.
    The drivetrain loss results from 250hp crank to 160hp wheel.

I don't get why everyone is comparing a 2010+ LY7 with a LY7 in the 07 CTS. They are technically the same engines, but more powertrain work has been done to rate them differently. A cam isn't exactly a 'bolt on' to most people. Odds are the car had a couple grand into it to get it to run a 13.1, so it shouldn't be used as a bench for your own car. What does yours run with said mods? Whats it trap?
    70hp gain bolt ons, we could only wish haha. I ET'd a 14.8 with an Iceolator and CAI @ 92.something lol. I think the only way you're going to cheaply see a 13 out of the CTS is if you spray.

My friend had the new pentastar charger as a rental and I beat it at the strip. Exactly what you said, off the line, I smashed him, but he slowly started catching up. he trapped 94 vs my mid 92

Most likely. I ran a 14.8 at 92.~ with CAI(before I had the Ram CAI) and Iceolator. I've since got the V exhaust, which I don't think will make much of a difference in my time..Maybe put me up to a 93mph trap...maybe...I was just saying a 13.9 would be nice...haha. Hopefully I'll be able to run a 14.5(skeptical) or 6 once I get a tune and the TB Tracy is working on, but it'll probably be a while before that happens.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    70hp gain bolt ons, we could only wish haha. I ET'd a 14.8 with an Iceolator and CAI @ 92.something lol. I think the only way you're going to cheaply see a 13 out of the CTS is if you spray.

My friend had the new pentastar charger as a rental and I beat it at the strip. Exactly what you said, off the line, I smashed him, but he slowly started catching up. he trapped 94 vs my mid 92

Most likely. I ran a 14.8 at 92.~ with CAI(before I had the Ram CAI) and Iceolator. I've since got the V exhaust, which I don't think will make much of a difference in my time..Maybe put me up to a 93mph trap...maybe...I was just saying a 13.9 would be nice...haha. Hopefully I'll be able to run a 14.5(skeptical) or 6 once I get a tune and the TB Tracy is working on, but it'll probably be a while before that happens.
    Out the box, 3.6 CTS should run 14.7s, so work on that 60 foot and you shouldn't have an issue touching 14.5 IMO

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

I had a 2.08 60' time which I thought was great. But also, I had spark plugs that had over 105k on them at the time...that could've effected my time a little bit haha. changed them out to iridiums now, track is closed till spring sometime so it'll be a while till I go back. What was your 60' when you had the 3.6?

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

A penis enlargement will give you the bigger advantage over the charger
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

I had a 2.08 60' time which I thought was great. But also, I had spark plugs that had over 105k on them at the time...that could've effected my time a little bit haha. changed them out to iridiums now, track is closed till spring sometime so it'll be a while till I go back. What was your 60' when you had the 3.6?
    I cut a 14.9 in the 3.2L. I don't have any of the slips on me anymore, but 14.9 at 92 is what I think it was.
    I'm pretty sure my 60 was around 2.2.... Anything you can deduct in your 60 will double at the end for your ET.
    Mind you my 60ft on my first run ever (15.1 @ 90) was a 2.38 which is phenomenally trash. I didn't launch hard either time. Work on your launch, you should be able to cut that 60 down to at least 1.9, 1.8

On 93 octane, with the mods you have, you should be cutting mid 14s assuming they are all working correctly. 3.6 should be 14.7, 14.8s stock
    Make sure your DA isn't horrible either. That plays a role on your ET too.

I cut a 14.9 in the 3.2L. I don't have any of the slips on me anymore, but 14.9 at 92 is what I think it was.
    I'm pretty sure my 60 was around 2.2.... Anything you can deduct in your 60 will double at the end for your ET.
    Mind you my 60ft on my first run ever (15.1 @ 90) was a 2.38 which is phenomenally trash. I didn't launch hard either time. Work on your launch, you should be able to cut that 60 down to at least 1.9, 1.8

On 93 octane, with the mods you have, you should be cutting mid 14s assuming they are all working correctly. 3.6 should be 14.7, 14.8s stock
    Make sure your DA isn't horrible either. That plays a role on your ET too.
    That's pretty impressive for the 3.2. You wouldve beat me on a couple runs haha..pardon my stupidity but what's my DA?

Maybe when they re open ill head back over. Hopefully they'll have the track redone, it was in pretty bad shape last time I was there. I had the caddy half sideways out of the hole on one run.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by CTSUK View Post
    A penis enlargement will give you the bigger advantage over the charger
    A pitbull is also commonly used as a penis extension.
    CTSUK and CTSUK like this.

That's pretty impressive for the 3.2. You wouldve beat me on a couple runs haha..pardon my stupidity but what's my DA?

Maybe when they re open ill head back over. Hopefully they'll have the track redone, it was in pretty bad shape last time I was there. I had the caddy half sideways out of the hole on one run.
    Density altitude. Its a mixture of a few things like temperature, humidity, altitude to sea level, barometric pressure, etc. All of that factors in. The higher the DA, the harder it is to get better times. Running in negative DA would normally net best times as well.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    For f*#k sakes, are we still talking a out beating a charger r/t? Really, is that the biggest aspiration in life is to beat a charger. My wife has a Mini Cooper that's supercharged with a few mods and she can beat charger. You bought a CTS. It is a sport sedan. If someone wants to go racing with a Cadillac, get a V!!!

Ah I was running at just about sea level, but it was pushin 80 and very humid (orlando).

LOL Blayne, Idgaf if I can beat a different car or not, I was just enjoying a nice little convo with od and givin OP some rediculous ideas ha..
    Blayne and Blayne like this.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

This can help you beat that Charger...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzs3HR9UujE&feature=player_detailpage

VaderWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    Ah I was running at just about sea level, but it was pushin 80 and very humid (orlando).

LOL Blayne, Idgaf if I can beat a different car or not, I was just enjoying a nice little convo with od and givin OP some rediculous ideas ha..
    idgaf ha

I've never had an issue with 'Run what you brung'. There's a lack of aftermarket options for the CTS in terms of performance. Does that mean you should just stick to a few subs in the trunk and some 22 inch rims for that bling factor?

Why not performance discussion and track talk for a Sport sedan? Beats a million threads asking about rim spacing and clearance. LOL
    Argent1, Argent1, Blayne and 1 others like this.

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    I've never had an issue with 'Run what you brung'. There's a lack of aftermarket options for the CTS in terms of performance. Does that mean you should just stick to a few subs in the trunk and some 22 inch rims for that bling factor?

Why not performance discussion and track talk for a Sport sedan? Beats a million threads asking about rim spacing and clearance. LOL
    you aint lyin...

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Your missing out on extra bhp there son, go faster stripes and under car neons are also required before you go tearing that strip!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.