anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by jran0823 I beat the 5.7 Hemi's all day long with my GTP and that was a v6. ...
    curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k
    Quote Originally Posted by jran0823

I beat the 5.7 Hemi's all day long with my GTP and that was a v6.
    Forced induction and probably modded a bit too right?
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    You guys are under the assumption they are smokin fast. I didnt say he was being me bad at all. Actually i surprised him until my fuel cut off engaged i was mybe two car lenghts away at 135. Forced induction would make him look silly, You could mybe keep up w the big dogs then

Quote Originally Posted by ztollon
    You guys are under the assumption they are smokin fast. I didnt say he was being me bad at all. Actually i surprised him until my fuel cut off engaged i was mybe two car lenghts away at 135. Forced induction would make him look silly, You could mybe keep up w the big dogs then
    2 car lengths is a spanking in a race. Charger R/T's aren't smoking fast, just faster than ANY stock V6 CTS. And faster than my V8 STS, but hey, I didn't buy my Cadillac to go fast...Bought it for its style, presence, and its many amenities. The 320 ponies are plenty, if I ever wanna really fly in a Caddy I'll get a V and mod the shit out of it.
    Past Cadillac's

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by curtc

Forced induction and probably modded a bit too right?
    Of course but its still a V6

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt?

Here, I got an Idea. Just buy a 572 big block and drop it in. YOLO.

But I could really see a bolted up ly7 beating a bone stock rt, but if hes modded, I wouldn't even try. You can get a first gen V for 16k. It'd be cheaper trading yours for one and then paying the difference, rather than the amount youd spend to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    You can get a first gen V for 16k. It'd be cheaper trading yours for one and then paying the difference, rather than the amount youd spend to beat him.
    Precisely! Then put into the LS what you would've put into the LY7 and now you can spank just about anything! Problem solved!
    Past Cadillac's

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Lets all agree to disagree. This thread could go on for years. Bottom line, if ya want to beat an R/T, by all means do what ya gotta do. I would love to see it. Just my .02 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne
    Lets all agree to disagree. This thread could go on for years. Bottom line, if ya want to beat an R/T, by all means do what ya gotta do. I would love to see it. Just my .02 cents
    Case closed!
    Past Cadillac's

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post

But I could really see a bolted up ly7 beating a bone stock rt, but if hes modded, I wouldn't even try. You can get a first gen V for 16k. It'd be cheaper trading yours for one and then paying the difference, rather than the amount youd spend to beat him.
    A bolted up LY7 beating an R/T Charger? Sure, if the R/T driver forget to turn his car on before the flag dropped. They'll run high 13's with a good driver, trapping 100+. The CTS will run high 14's trapping 95ish. The only bolt ons available are CAI/Exhaustwork (combined for 20hp at best with stock cats) and the iceolator and a tune. The CTS needs alot more then some very minor bolt ons to run a 13. The ATS with 3.6L 323 hp, and less weight, runs a high 13. You wont pick up 70 hp from a CAI/Tune/and icolator. 40 hp if your lucky.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ztollon View Post
    Something is wrong with his car, or he cant launch the car. They are smoking fast, comparatively.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post
    Not happening OP wish it could be done.

People, you are forgetting one MAJOR point here.

Anyone here can attempt this madness on his own expense or do the smarter thing and learn a free lesson from BMW's notebook.

BMW ran this specific transmisson in the E39 540i, matched it to it's M62 V8 engines which produced 320ft.lb (440 Nm) of torque way exceeding the GM 5L40E transmission's peak torque rating of 250 ftlbf (340 Nm). And the resiult was bad. 540i's were destroying their transmissions at 90K+ miles.

Another issue is I don't know if the Getrag's rear differential the V6 CTS has can handle much further torque than what it already has to deal with from the LY7.

So to answer this in an informed way, it would be great if we could show this Dodge guy who's boss by using the LY7 / GM 5L40E combo in this CTS, but that's a pipe dream at best. To do so with this CTS, at least the transmission has to be swapped and forced induction must be used on the LY7, which means plenty of mechanical and software mods that you defintely can't afford.

A cheaper option might be not to compete with a much richer guy and being content with what you have, love your CTS, enjoy it and don't look too far ahead, because next you will be trying to beat your other buddy whom rolls around in a vette.
    The trans can be swapped with a 5L50E. Same case, stronger internals. The diff is a minor problem. Run a diff from an 06 or 07 CTS-V...they are more reliable. AFAIK, they are basically the same as the LSD in the V6.

----------

Well, he could spray (bad Idea), buy a V(can't), Get a turbo/super (good Luck), or bolt the shit of the LY7(again, good luck) and take everything out of the car. Then he may have a chance..I know the caddy has a better power delivery %, but good luck my friend...390 tq...good luck. ha.
    A better power delivery %? Bolt the shit out of an LY7? YOLO? What kinda hipstar talk is this crap? :P

Seriously tho...what do you mean by a better power delivery %?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by =Javi= View Post
    say what you want bro till you race mine no shame no game right i have some custom performance parts on mine and it was a 5.7 he a good friend of mine but now he has a srt-8 and kicks my ass
    PErformance parts? If youre going to mention them with claims that you beat a 300C with the 5.7, then tell us what the parts are...or it comes across as BS.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ztollon View Post
    My friend has one.. works for his daddy business makes way to much mobey to sit on his ass, and neglects his wonderfully fast car which has a cia n tune. Me on the other hand work my ass off and finally got my dream car caddy cts 3.6. Id love a v byt this is all i can afford for the time. Im 21 btw. So i have a stage two catchcan from rx and a custom cia, h pipe, rx intake spacer n ported throttle body. So short of spending 6 grand for heads or supercharger what should i do.. i wanna beat this little f.erHis R/T isnt stock? Im sure he picked up another 2 or 3 mph and a tenth or 2 with that.

----------

And dont say get a v cuz if i could i would -_-
    A catchcan is not a performance mod. It can help restore hp, but it cant create power that was never there to begin with.
    Where are these 6 grand heads?

If you want to beat him, challenge him to an 8th mile, you may have a shot there if you catch him sleeping. Better yet, challenge him to an autocross event.

----------

Lol I raced a stock 2012 charger 3.6 at the strip and beat it, not by much though. I had CAI and Iceolator and Catchcan.
    The newer V6's are decent. Youll have no problems with an early Charger V6.

=Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso
    A bolted up LY7 beating an R/T Charger? Sure, if the R/T driver forget to turn his car on before the flag dropped. They'll run high 13's with a good driver, trapping 100+. The CTS will run high 14's trapping 95ish. The only bolt ons available are CAI/Exhaustwork (combined for 20hp at best with stock cats) and the iceolator and a tune. The CTS needs alot more then some very minor bolt ons to run a 13. The ATS with 3.6L 323 hp, and less weight, runs a high 13. You wont pick up 70 hp from a CAI/Tune/and icolator. 40 hp if your lucky.

----------

Something is wrong with his car, or he cant launch the car. They are smoking fast, comparatively.

----------

The trans can be swapped with a 5L50E. Same case, stronger internals. The diff is a minor problem. Run a diff from an 06 or 07 CTS-V...they are more reliable. AFAIK, they are basically the same as the LSD in the V6.

----------

A better power delivery %? Bolt the shit out of an LY7? YOLO? What kinda hipstar talk is this crap? :P

----------

PErformance parts? If youre going to mention them with claims that you beat a 300C with the 5.7, then tell us what the parts are...or it comes across as BS.

----------

A catchcan is not a performance mod. It can help restore hp, but it cant create power that was never there to begin with.

If you want to beat him, challenge him to an 8th mile, you may have a shot there if you catch him sleeping. Better yet, challenge him to an autocross event.
    Not 100% sure what the it has the mechanic said everything is polished custom headers racing trany and different and drive shafted something about the fuel system
    And if my friend still has the video ill post it here ur post a link to it

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post

----------

----------

----------

HAHA I actually hate the term "YOLO" but typically just say it to make fun...idk what goes though my brain sometimes lol. But dodges drivelines have been known to kill the power from the crank to the wheels.. In example, I raced my friends 300M (250hp/250tq/3500lbs) back when my car was bone stock and was about 5 car lenghts ahead by the time we reached 80mph. It was in great condition, just didn't deliver the power created by the engine.

Also its possible, a guy over in Tampa with a 10' LLT camaro, with just bolt ons & cam ran a 13.1. sure it comes with ~50 more hp than a stock cts, but it also weighs ~400lbs more and ran around a 14.3-4 when it was stock. He had a super chiller, CAI, Tune, Full Exhaust(headers, etc), Iceolator, Cathcan, Cam. (I think that was it) done by Rx. So its definitely possible to get this car down to a high 13, with the right amount of work. But, like I said, if the charger isnt stock, forget it.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Any links to this guys Camaro? Theyre actually only about 250 lbs heavier, assuming both cars have 18's, no sunroof and automatic. What is this super chiller? I thought they were only for forced induction?

Any links to this guys Camaro? Theyre actually only about 250 lbs heavier, assuming both cars have 18's, no sunroof and automatic. What is this super chiller? I thought they were only for forced induction?
    If you PM Tracy (SC1250) over at Rx he may have some more facts for you/links of the guys car. The guy was over there with his car when I was there, best sounding V6 I've ever heard. And actually, I'm not sure with the superchiller, It could be my mistake. Tracy should be able to tell ya.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

The newer V6's are decent. Youll have no problems with an early Charger V6.
    I agree with Concorso. A basic bolt on LY7 will not beat a Charger RT. You won't net 70hp with an ICEOLATOR, CAI, TUNE, etc. Thats why dynoing is so important to see what you are ACTUALLY making vs made prior. Dyno on same machine too, to keep it accurate. The CTS will need alot more then very minor bolt ons to see 13s, as Concorso said. I had Volant intake, custom catback with stock 3.6 parts on magnaflows, lightened wheels and tires, and best I was able to eek out was ~14.9. Mind you, thats on a 3.2 that was rated for 15.6 ETs. I've seen some heavier modded 3.6s cut 14.7s. LOL Seeing 13s is going to be difficult out of a CTS.

A faster trap speed most of the time shows power. If 1 car traps 100+, and the other car traps 90ish... there's no way you beat the 100+ car by 2 lengths to 130 from an equal start unless somethings wrong with the other car, or he's not racing. Thats the truth. Same applies to beating a 300c 5.7 hemi. Sorry man, but I've seen them in action and even stock, they'd take a CTS lunch money.

The CTS diff is a very minor problem. I dragged my CTS with no issues on my stock diff. Not even any real wheelhop either. V is another story.

Catchcan does not add power. Its used as a maintenance item and thats it. Expect 0 horsepower from it. Anyone saying otherwise is snake oiling ya. lol

The 2011+ Pentastar V6 Chargers aren't exactly blazing fast either. A CTS would stand a better chance against one. From a dig, I'd give it to the CTS. Roll, you might have your work cut out for you. The old V6 chargers are DOGS and slow as all hell. You'll have no problem beating one from anything. LOL

Any slower car stands a better chance beating a faster car in the 1/8th mile drag, as that is much more relied on driver then car and if the launch is messed up from spinning (as more powerful cars do), he's basically lost the race as there's not enough time to recover.

HAHA I actually hate the term "YOLO" but typically just say it to make fun...idk what goes though my brain sometimes lol. But dodges drivelines have been known to kill the power from the crank to the wheels.. In example, I raced my friends 300M (250hp/250tq/3500lbs) back when my car was bone stock and was about 5 car lenghts ahead by the time we reached 80mph. It was in great condition, just didn't deliver the power created by the engine.

Also its possible, a guy over in Tampa with a 10' LLT camaro, with just bolt ons & cam ran a 13.1. sure it comes with ~50 more hp than a stock cts, but it also weighs ~400lbs more and ran around a 14.3-4 when it was stock. He had a super chiller, CAI, Tune, Full Exhaust(headers, etc), Iceolator, Cathcan, Cam. (I think that was it) done by Rx. So its definitely possible to get this car down to a high 13, with the right amount of work. But, like I said, if the charger isnt stock, forget it.
    I did this or worse vs my friend's 04 300m, and no one believed it happened (even though I have it on video). The 300m is a slow car though, something like low 16s. 1 guy spent thousands of dollars, blew thru 5 transmissions, and was set up on a nitrous shot to get into the mid\low 14s.
    The drivetrain loss results from 250hp crank to 160hp wheel.

I don't get why everyone is comparing a 2010+ LY7 with a LY7 in the 07 CTS. They are technically the same engines, but more powertrain work has been done to rate them differently. A cam isn't exactly a 'bolt on' to most people. Odds are the car had a couple grand into it to get it to run a 13.1, so it shouldn't be used as a bench for your own car. What does yours run with said mods? Whats it trap?

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Ik a guy that runs the dyno labs at the gm r&d plant. And hes taking my car in to get a como tune. Como is gm's newest racing team.. He said they can tune the f outta it to atleast krep up w a charger. If i spend sum money i can get a used lsx engine and drivetrain pretty cheap. Oma goodness :}

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.