anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by ghettomike 75 dry shot isn't much... I've put a 175 wet shot direct port in before, that ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: anyone on here thats moded keep up w a 07 dodge charger rt?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    75 dry shot isn't much... I've put a 175 wet shot direct port in before, that thing hauled ass!
    What did you run a 175 shot in? I was just talking about this motor in general. Isn't that a lot of heat for an aluminum block?

Meth with a nice tune? yummy. lol

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Why is it so important for you to spank this guy ? Can't you just be content knowing you have the better car.
    Tlorenzen and Tlorenzen like this.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    What did you run a 175 shot in? I was just talking about this motor in general. Isn't that a lot of heat for an aluminum block?

Meth with a nice tune? yummy. lol
    Just a 4cyl..........93 talon tsi awd, boosted 44psi, built motor and trans, taller 1st gear, high flow pump out of a v6 supra turbo(I think), front mount intercooler external bat shut off,big injectors (forget the flow rate off hand), with leather and power options... Just your average grocery getter.
    Old roomates car, it was a big project we worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent1 View Post
    Why is it so important for you to spank this guy ? Can't you just be content knowing you have the better car.
    Never lay down to a dodge!
    =Javi=, =Javi=, TheBrown57 and 1 others like this.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike
    Just a 4cyl..........93 talon tsi awd, boosted 44psi, built motor and trans, taller 1st gear, high flow pump out of a v6 supra turbo(I think), front mount intercooler external bat shut off,big injectors (forget the flow rate off hand), with leather and power options... Just your average grocery getter.
    Old roomates car, it was a big project we worked on.

Never law down to a dodge!
    I come from the DSM world too. Nice to see another DSM'er on here. I had 2 different 97 AWD TSi's. Funnest and far fastest car I ever had. Turbo's that eat babies are awesome. That being said, the caddy is a great ride. I didn't buy it to be a power house. Bought mine as a trial to get a V real soon!

CTSM is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Not happening OP wish it could be done.

People, you are forgetting one MAJOR point here.

Anyone here can attempt this madness on his own expense or do the smarter thing and learn a free lesson from BMW's notebook.

BMW ran this specific transmisson in the E39 540i, matched it to it's M62 V8 engines which produced 320ft.lb (440 Nm) of torque way exceeding the GM 5L40E transmission's peak torque rating of 250 ftlbf (340 Nm). And the resiult was bad. 540i's were destroying their transmissions at 90K+ miles.

Another issue is I don't know if the Getrag's rear differential the V6 CTS has can handle much further torque than what it already has to deal with from the LY7.

So to answer this in an informed way, it would be great if we could show this Dodge guy who's boss by using the LY7 / GM 5L40E combo in this CTS, but that's a pipe dream at best. To do so with this CTS, at least the transmission has to be swapped and forced induction must be used on the LY7, which means plenty of mechanical and software mods that you defintely can't afford.

A cheaper option might be not to compete with a much richer guy and being content with what you have, love your CTS, enjoy it and don't look too far ahead, because next you will be trying to beat your other buddy whom rolls around in a vette.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 128k

Don't feel too bad OP, not even my Northstar equipped STS is keeping up with one of those...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

VaderWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by curtc
    Don't feel too bad OP, not even my Northstar equipped STS is keeping up with one of those...
    Gotta be kidding me, 5.7L Chargers are not fast. They're not slow, but nothing to brag on by far. I doubt they're even good for anything south of low/mid 14's in the quarter.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 128k

Not saying they are really fast cars, but stock for stock a 5.7L Charger will run a 14 flat 1/4, a 3.6L CTS will run high 14's, my STS falls in the mid to low 14's.

More HP/Torque usually does the trick, it's just faster than our cars, that's all I'm saying. And it isn't that easy to get a CTS to run a second faster in the 1/4 to try and keep up with one.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

mmvvt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Had a Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by =Javi= View Post
    i beat a 300c 5.7 hemi on my 05 cts with 20" rims
    I am going to say bullshit on that. I had a 07 3.6L CTS and now I have 300C. Even with the 300C having 20" rims, it would still smoke the CTS.

To the OP, you will have to spend a lot of money to beat the HEMI. Your friend only has to spend a fraction to make that HEMI even faster. You will never beat him with a V6.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by mmvvt

I am going to say bullshit on that. I had a 07 3.6L CTS and now I have 300C. Even with the 300C having 20" rims, it would still smoke the CTS.

To the OP, you will have to spend a lot of money to beat the HEMI. Your friend only has to spend a fraction to make that HEMI even faster. You will never beat him with a V6.
    Bullshit? I beat my friend's Hemi equipped charger with a diamond white mini power block and flames painted on the sides. Forget the turbo, that's all it takes OP.

mmvvt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Had a Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacAsAlways View Post
    Bullshit? I beat my friend's Hemi equipped charger with a diamond white mini power block and flames painted on the sides. Forget the turbo, that's all it takes OP.
    You're right, I forgot about the white diamond power block. You and I both know which one is faster, and so does everyone on this forum. My friend has a V6 Charger with a bunch of R/T batches all over it, maybe Javi beat one of those.

But... I'm not going to continue to comment. I love Cadillacs and I would also stand by my car. I am looking to get into one with a 2010 CTS AWD, but I will also know that I will never beat a HEMI with it. Just the way it is. Sorry.

=Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts

say what you want bro till you race mine no shame no game right i have some custom performance parts on mine and it was a 5.7 he a good friend of mine but now he has a srt-8 and kicks my ass
    Quote Originally Posted by mmvvt View Post

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacAsAlways View Post
    Even without the fender vents ?

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I've run a charger rt in my 03 V6 from a slow roll and took the jump on it in sport mode, held up for a few mph, but he was getting ready to freight train me. I would say the 3.6 stands a better chance, but should lose as well, even modded.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by mmvvt

I beat the 5.7 Hemi's all day long with my GTP and that was a v6. The only race I ever lost with that car was to a 03 Cobra and he spanked me and I raced ALOT of Chargers, Camaros, Vettes and NA Cobras. Then again you don't buy a V6 CTS to race with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.