Cadillac Owners Forum banner

RX Cold Air intake kit for the LY7 first gen CTS finished:

12K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  myown1manarmy 
#1 ·

Grabs cold air from both low from the wheel well/bumper cover area and rm air from the drivers side of the hood (requires triming app 4" of the front hood seal).

Final price is not set yet, but this is the final revision.

:thumbsup:

www.RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

----------

Also, this is the low profile breather for the others waiting for it. Return your standard size with a detailed note to exchange for the low profile.

:thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Tracy, thanks for starting this article. I took some more pictures and would like to just say that I love the intake and box. It's made a noticeable difference in horsepower, and looks great. I will post up on how trimming the seal goes once I get it.

Heres some more pics from me.

Shorter Breather cap

CAI

With ram Air

Also, If I remember right, I believe the production boxes will all be cnc or water jet cut. This one was hand cut. for any imperfections or non straight lines you may see.

#4 · (Edited)
The setup looks great! Are you gonna do a dyno ith the CAI and Exhaust setup?

#8 ·
I talked to Teedoe and he said he got his car back up and running and he will be heading over to RX soon to start on the 3.2 mod :)

Eventually, theres hope that there will be some carbon fiber and plastic boxes as well. There will also be more than just black for the colors..I love the box, and think that theres actually more air being pushed through as theres more than just 2 little holes(the volant) for air to go through.

#14 ·
Tlorenzen said:
What is it y'all don't like about it? If its the imperfections of being hand cut I guess all can do is wait for a water jet cut product, if something else give him some ideas of what youd like.
Well, I don't like the way that the top plate seems like it doesn't line up with the side plates. It doesn't seem to follow the curve of the rad support very well. As said before, there is a lot of area for heat to get in.

That being said, I DO like that you guys made another intake for our cars. I DO like the plexiglass on the top. Be a good place for a small red LED in there to add a little light under the plexiglass. I also like that the elbow going into the TB doesn't touch the rad like the Volant.

So, I am mixed about it. Cleaning up alignment issues and whatnot might make it the real game winner!

----------

Oh, and I am sure you will ha e it cheaper than the volant so that's a biggie!

#15 ·
i guess i view this stuff completely different, cause i could care less what it looks like. it it helps the performance of the car, so be it. if its functional, thats all that matters, right?. i dont sit around in my driveway with the hood open so my neighbors can see what under the hood looks like. i mean, "putting an LED in there"? yeah.....ok. i guess if you sit around with the hood up, then go for it.

#17 ·
Well then this intake is perfect for you. Don't ask for opinions if you are going to get your panties in a bunch about the reply. Listen, you may not care about what it looks like but others do. Why do some people paint they're engine covers? Because they like stuff looking nice. Those are the guys that will want the fit and finish. Like I said, it's a good intake, and if you sum up my last opinions, it needs fit and finish!!

#20 ·
A also care about all of this. I don't always have my hood up, but atleast I know what it looks like :) Like stated before, this is a hand cut prototype, precision is not necessarily the main focus in a prototype...Functionality is. That's the reason of adding a cold air intake...Functionality, then Looks. As Tracy said, the production product will definitely have more fit and finish though :)

Hopefully today I will be able to get the seal cut and get a pic of the space for air to "Ram" in.

Tim, I believe Tracy was aiming for 30-60 days, but probably more towards the latter. I'm sure it won't be released until we are satisfied with the product ourselves though.

----------

100% agree with you on that one, dyno it and post it up against the volant
Hopefully we will be able to get it on a dyno by the time production is ready. I have a feeling dyno numbers will be very similar(hopefully better) but be better in the real world as you can't utilize the "ram air" capabilities while on a dyno.

#18 ·
Yes, the fit will be better in the production version as all is cut on a CNC water jet. This was all cut by hand as Travis stated. It also has unlike ny other we have seen, an opening in the from of the top cover that you trim app 4" of the upper hood seal off and it gets completely clear cold air effectively "ramming" into the box so the only time any engine compartment air can get in is at idle. Look at your hood colsed, there is a nice gap right in front of the box lid, so all thats needed is the short piece of the upper hood seal trimmed.

#21 ·
Well that's great. The steps are in place to have the fit and finish taken care of. I wasn't trying to bash the product. I'm all for improvement and having a cheaper product with better performance. I am excited to see the final product. Ram air is nice. That's ways something that dynos are unable to monitor. Same as a turbo intercooled car. Never sees the cooling temp on the IC that you would get at 60mph. Other than the figment issue, I think it will be a great product and for price and performance I would buy one!

#26 · (Edited)
My dislikes:
As stated before, fit and finish. Why couldnt you weld a 90 instEAD of using that material going into the tb? tHERE ARE MORE THEN ONE WAY TO RAM THE AIR IN THE BOX. rIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE GRILL THERES A RUBBER PIECE. cUT THAT BACK AND YOU WILL DAMN NEAR A DIRECT FLOW OF AIR INTO THE BOX.... jUST MY OPINION.

#27 ·
My dislikes likes:
As stated before, fit and finish. Why couldnt you weld a 90 instEAD of using that material going into the tb? tHERE ARE MORE THEN ONE WAY TO RAM THE AIR IN THE BOX. rIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE GRILL THERES A RUBBER PIECE. cUT THAT BACK AND YOU WILL DAMN NEAR A DIRECT FLOW OF AIR INTO THE BOX.... jUST MY OPINION.
lol you drunk? so many caps. :D But the piping is just what was available in the shop at the time, and the rubber piping is easier to clamp down, than say a piece of aluminum...It may get changed to something more sleek for the production model, it's all still up in the air. Just know you can expect something like this only better.

This post has been deleted
#35 ·
Truth, you started derailing this thread by replying to a 7 month old topic just because it mentions RX. You reply is nothing but opinion and slander.

First he poorly imitates mace, then IPF, now cold air inductions... Pathetic.. Here's what it should look like.

View attachment 135497
And this is what the RX one looks like:
Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Automotive engine part

They look the same, guy. Get over it.

#34 ·
Can someone please remove these @$$-clowns? Regardless of whether or not RX is the biggest rip-off in the history of mankind, or if their products are absolute crap, this bull$#!+ spamming is getting annoying. They are replying to any mention of RX, despite the original topic of discussion. It is simply slander, with no regard to what people are trying to accomplish. The poster is clearly here serving an agenda of his/her own, not actually trying to help anyone. Bad-mouthing, and fear mongering, and stupid T-shirt propaganda campaigns should not be tolerated.

#36 ·
I am not part of anyone's fanclub.

You say that Rev Xtreme imitated all these other companies simply because they offer the same products? I can think of multiple companies offering similar products for a lot of different cars. Are they all imitations of eachother, too?

The RX catch can is probably the best on the market. The RX intake spacer is similar to the MACE item, sure. But its also made in Emerika, and that means something to some people. It doesnt have to be shipped from Australia, that is a plus. A quality product is a quality product, it doesnt matter who makes it.

All of the RX stuff that has come out for our cars has proven itself to be an improvement. Nobody that I know of has been out-right screwed over by RX on this forum. We have had problems with supply lines and shipping and such, but RX has always made it right as far as I know.

#37 ·
I understand the need to inform inform others of bad businesses, but to just bulligerently hijack threads with 4+ accounts is a nussance.

A simple thread started with your complaint/information or whatever you feel to call it with the proof to back it up would get you further than hijacking and pissing all of us off. Why would I want to read some arrogant shit on a thread I came to get informed on such as the VMAX TB or Rx intake?

My point is, were all grown men/women here, quit spamming/insulting members, and try to be a little less stupid. We can read a valid complaint thread and respect it just fine. But this is just annoying.

Have a good night.

This post has been deleted
#38 ·
Truth and GFCAT are trolls only here to cause trouble.....and the actual customers of ours are here defending because they actually know us well.

Truth does not own a Cadillac, he is a troll that attempted to extort $10,000 from us threatening to do what he is doing if we would not pay $10k...we have it in the hands of the Manatee County prosecutors office.

Here is a sample of his family's past that he bragged about so all know:

Goodson Farms Owner Sentenced for Filing False Tax Returns

March 31, 2009 by K. McKinney

Janet Goodson, president of Goodson Farms, was sentenced three months in prison for filing false tax returns from 2001 to 2004. Goodson Farms is one of Hillsborough County’s largest strawberry farms and the site of a popular produce market. Court records alleged that Goodson failed to report cash sales of peppers on tax returns.

Charged in Tampa’s federal court, Goodson faced up to 24 months in prison. She received a more lenient sentence because she cooperated in a federal investigation related to fraudulent federal crop insurance payments last year. In that case, prosecutors charged Goodson Farms, and D&K Farms in Plant City with lying about damaged crops to obtain more than $1 million in federal crop insurance payments.

No fines were assessed against Goodson because the farm was ordered to pay nearly $1.1 million in restitution after pleading guilty to crop insurance fraud last fall.

In that case, Goodson Farms was accused of obtaining crop insurance to cover its pepper crops between 2001 and 2004. The farm then claimed losses and received more than $1 million in federal crop insurance payments. The claimed pepper crops had actually been harvested and sold.

This case is a good example of the benefit of retaining a good federal criminal defense attorney as soon as one becomes aware of a federal investigation. Goodson, probably through defense counsel, was able to negotiate with prosecutors and investigators such that she assisted with the investigation and limited her period of incarceration.

Locations: Florida
Criminal Charges: White Collar Crimes

I figured since this is public record I would start putting this on all the forums you are slandering us on......it is fact of course, not the fiction you have posted....how does that sound?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.