Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Need to Replace Lower Control Arms - Options?

29K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  sandalet 
#1 ·
Hey guys. So I had my car in the shop the other day for an issue with the starter, and they informed me that my front lower control are bushing were worn extremely bad. I really can't tell....seems like everything is good to me.

Anyway, they said the only option was for me to take it to the dealership and get the arms replaced completely for around $1,500. Is this the case?

I see lower control arms for like $200 for the pair and I can't imagine labor would be $1,300.

What should I do, thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=Control+Arm Not sure if that link will work. Guess it is more like $500, I was looking at control arms for other cadillacs (escalade) originally.

Here are some others, looks like $700 for the pair, but this is OEM replacement parts right? http://www.newgmparts.com/parts/200...ADILLAC&model=CTS&submodel=&vehicleid=1431689

So could I buy those and get a local shop to put them on, or should I really just take it to Cadillac dealer?

OR do I even have to replace them? If the car is driving fine is it alright?

#7 ·
bigdawgfoxx said:
SO is the NewGMParts.com website a reputable OEM seller?

I guess my main question is, if the car is driving ok, do I need to replace them just because the bushings are worn? And you cannot just replace the bushings right..
Don't know about that site, never used it, but ride quality is definitely affected by worn LCA bushings. No, you cannot just replace the bushing, it all comes in one piece.

#14 ·
If you're not noticing any unusual handling, noises, or ride quality issues, I wouldn't worry about replacing the control arms.

Revshift is supposedly going to be releasing bushings for all of the control arms at some point. They've done the rear upper arms, the cradle bushings, and a couple others, but haven't done the front arms yet. (Note that they only list the suspension bushings for the CTS-V, but the CTS and CTS-V use the exact same control arms, cradle, etc, so all the bushings will be compatible.)

#20 ·
Quick question here, I'm about to order the Revshift Control Arm Bushings for my 2005 CTS, I'm just wondering about the difference between the hard/soft polyurethane. I didn't think that Control Arm Bushings really had any effect in the hardness of the ride.

What would be stock? I'm current running FE3 suspension with Eibach springs. I don't baby the car but I don't track it every weekend either.

Just wanted to hear a few opinions before I checkout with my order. Thanks!

----------

Oh, and also, will the poly bushings squeak or moan like Poly bushings used to? Has that been fixed yet?? lol

#21 ·
If I am not mistaken we are talking about the part # GM25700355-LH (for Left-side). I discover that bushes on mine are worn too (I feel the metal-striking in the steering wheel) and upon inspecting very closely, I can see slight marks on the arm joint on one side. Can I not just buy the bushes only and get them changed?
(I am unable to attach picture as I have gone to my limit of 1.89 Mb... not sure how to get rid of old attachment)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.