Need to Replace Lower Control Arms - Options? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Need to Replace Lower Control Arms - Options? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by SWells Are you sure you need to replace the whole ctrl arm? Can the rubber bushings be ...
    bigdawgfoxx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option

Re: Need to Replace Lower Control Arms - Options?

Quote Originally Posted by SWells View Post
    Are you sure you need to replace the whole ctrl arm? Can the rubber bushings be pressed/drilled/burned out and replaced? I've done it with other cars, just not sure with the CTS.
    Well apparently the bushing does exist YET, but according to AAIIIC there might be some coming out from Revshift.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx View Post
    Well apparently the bushing does exist YET, but according to AAIIIC there might be some coming out from Revshift.
    They are definitely coming out very soon. We are expecting to release them in the beginning of February. Pricing is not available yet.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Tadaaaaa! Straight from the horse's mouth.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

knals is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Cts 03 V6 3.2L

front lower control arm bushings

i was searching for the front lower control arm bushings for my cts 2003

anybody ever bought just the bushings?

i found these on revshift https://www.revshift.com/shop/front-...2007-cts-v.php

any ideas if they work? or a place where i get a better price?

Snake Enterprises is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

Quick question here, I'm about to order the Revshift Control Arm Bushings for my 2005 CTS, I'm just wondering about the difference between the hard/soft polyurethane. I didn't think that Control Arm Bushings really had any effect in the hardness of the ride.

What would be stock? I'm current running FE3 suspension with Eibach springs. I don't baby the car but I don't track it every weekend either.

Just wanted to hear a few opinions before I checkout with my order. Thanks!

----------

Oh, and also, will the poly bushings squeak or moan like Poly bushings used to? Has that been fixed yet?? lol

Muhammad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 2005 Sports Luxury 2.8 V6

If I am not mistaken we are talking about the part # GM25700355-LH (for Left-side). I discover that bushes on mine are worn too (I feel the metal-striking in the steering wheel) and upon inspecting very closely, I can see slight marks on the arm joint on one side. Can I not just buy the bushes only and get them changed?
    (I am unable to attach picture as I have gone to my limit of 1.89 Mb... not sure how to get rid of old attachment)

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    If I am not mistaken we are talking about the part # GM25700355-LH (for Left-side). I discover that bushes on mine are worn too (I feel the metal-striking in the steering wheel) and upon inspecting very closely, I can see slight marks on the arm joint on one side. Can I not just buy the bushes only and get them changed?
    (I am unable to attach picture as I have gone to my limit of 1.89 Mb... not sure how to get rid of old attachment)
    Just use some free online pic hosting website and embed a JPG here

956Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Cts Black Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    If you're not noticing any unusual handling, noises, or ride quality issues, I wouldn't worry about replacing the control arms.

Revshift is supposedly going to be releasing bushings for all of the control arms at some point. They've done the rear upper arms, the cradle bushings, and a couple others, but haven't done the front arms yet. (Note that they only list the suspension bushings for the CTS-V, but the CTS and CTS-V use the exact same control arms, cradle, etc, so all the bushings will be compatible.)
    Even the front stabalizer bar bushings?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    They are definitely coming out very soon. We are expecting to release them in the beginning of February. Pricing is not available yet.
    It wasn't quite as quick as February, but they are available now - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hings-cts.html.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Enterprises View Post
    Quick question here, I'm about to order the Revshift Control Arm Bushings for my 2005 CTS, I'm just wondering about the difference between the hard/soft polyurethane. I didn't think that Control Arm Bushings really had any effect in the hardness of the ride.
    Yes, control arm bushings will most definitely affect impact harshness when you hit bumps. I would recommend sticking with the softer bushings unless you're pretty hardcore.

What would be stock?
    I asked that question in the thread I linked above and they said "typically 65". I read that to mean they haven't actually measured the hardness of the factory control arm bushings. Even the firmest factory rubber bushings I've ever seen tested were only around 80A, and IMO it's unlikely Cadillac went that firm on these, so their "typically" response is probably reasonably close.

Oh, and also, will the poly bushings squeak or moan like Poly bushings used to? Has that been fixed yet?? lol
    Depends on the poly used, but there shouldn't be an issue if they're properly lubricated upon install. I haven't heard any complaints from folks that have installed the rear control arm bushings.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I asked that question in the thread I linked above and they said "typically 65". I read that to mean they haven't actually measured the hardness of the factory control arm bushings. Even the firmest factory rubber bushings I've ever seen tested were only around 80A, and IMO it's unlikely Cadillac went that firm on these, so their "typically" response is probably reasonably close. I'm current running FE3 suspension with Eibach springs. I don't baby the car but I don't track it every weekend either.
    We have actually measured the hardness of the oem bushings with a durometer. Brand new oem bushings are right around 65A (some vary by a few points depending on the design/size). As rubber bushings get old and start to dry out they get stiffer/brittle. Older bushings may be in the 70's, significantly weaker, and more prone to unwanted compression set. This is the beautiful thing about polyurethane, it doesnt dry out, get brittle, or lose its rebound.

As long as you lube the bushings upon installation with the teflon lube that we provide then there will be no squeaks.

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

Somebody will announce the price?

DopeEffect is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

Quote Originally Posted by sandalet View Post
    Somebody will announce the price?
    149.99 USD for the RevShift front lower control arm bushings.

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

Achtung! o_O

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.