Need help from seasoned cts enthusiasts an members
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Kingoftypos
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Need help from seasoned cts enthusiasts an members in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I just need a little help. I want to add the v exhaust to my cts. However I know nothing ...
    shadowATL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

Need help from seasoned cts enthusiasts an members

I just need a little help. I want to add the v exhaust to my cts. However I know nothing about exhaust. I was checking out pull a parts an salvage yards to see pricing an such for this project. However I learned its a little more complicated then just saying I want the cts v exhaust. I need some help. I found this link. An I think it looks about right in What I need. Can anyone chime in an help? Maybe someone has done this conversion(I know it's been done just holding they'd chime in)

----------

*hoping

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=380551326388

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: Need help from seasoned cts enthusiasts an members

First off, do you have a 3.6 or the 3.2?

This exhaust is not a stock exhaust and has a resonator/cat delete with only Magnaflow mufflers. It looks like it will be loud as hell; unlike what the stock CTS-V exhaust is.

Since it doesn't have any cats, if you need to pass a state inspection every year it will fail but if not don't worry. Also this setup (I THINK) will most likely drop your bottom end torque, which will suck for every day driving. But it should have a nice improvement on the top end.

I'm installing a stock CTS-V exhaust this saturday. I will be deleting the res and putting in an H-pipe to give it just a little bit louder than stock sound. I can chime back in then and tell ya how it went if you like.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

It has a resonator delete, it was actually replaced with an X pipe. The cats are actually before this exhaust begins, so that shouldn't be a problem.

What will be a problem, but an exhaust shop won't have a problem with it, is the fact the pipes for the 2.8, 3.2 and 3.6 are 2.25" while the CTS-V exhaust is 2.5".

KOT
    ghettomike and ghettomike like this.

oh, duh...I knew that ha...they're on the down pipes..durka durr.. still looks like it'll be a pretty loud exhaust, but I've always liked magnaflow.

I have a 3.6. An I think I want a stock setup. I wanna do the cai an ex catch can an ice mod. Should I reconsider another set up. Is this any good?

that makes things a lot easier as you already have true dual.. and it all depends on what you want really. This will definitely sound louder than stock...I'm guessing youll be getting a similar sound to this video, but it will be a bit different as you'd have split mufflers and .25 bigger pipe.

Something like that. What would I need from the exhaust itself. I found someone on Craigslist selling stock c exhaust. What should I ask it has?? Starting from cat back?? I don't knoe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.