03 CTS 3.2L Tuning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03 CTS 3.2L Tuning in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Maybe I've hit a wall. Can anyone, or does anyone, know where to direct me for ECU tuning help for ...
    chrisbooth08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

03 CTS 3.2L Tuning

Maybe I've hit a wall. Can anyone, or does anyone, know where to direct me for ECU tuning help for a 03 CTS? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chrisbooth08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 03 CTS 3.2L Tuning

80 views and no response? I really have hit the wall! Assuming the other 79 pairs of eyes reading the post all want tuning to a 3.2L, too. Anyone with any insight would be greatly appreciated.

TunixComplex is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 5M

Are you looking to performance tune the ECU?

If so I wouldnt. Save your money for when its time to dump it into repairs.

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    I agree. From what I've heard the 03s are poorly made so tuning is more than likely to go wrong.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by Teedoe
    I agree. From what I've heard the 03s are poorly made so tuning is more than likely to go wrong.
    I dunno what you've heard but the 3.2L engine has fine build quality. 100k on the clock for mine and not a single issue. I thought the 3.6 was more common for issues

But no, OP they're probably right about there not being much in the way of tuning for the 3.2. I still implore you to look into it and call around to tuner shops. I'd love to get mine tuned

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacAsAlways

I dunno what you've heard but the 3.2L engine has fine build quality. 100k on the clock for mine and not a single issue. I thought the 3.6 was more common for issues

But no, OP they're probably right about there not being much in the way of tuning for the 3.2. I still implore you to look into it and call around to tuner shops. I'd love to get mine tuned
    I agree with u there are some minor issues but easily fixed, I've got 140k and still runs great proper maintenance is the key to keeping cars running strong and parts from failing sooner than later. Of course there will be faulty parts but if you take care of them properly they're less likely to fail.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Vince at Trifecta, or try vendor BNR (Bad News Racing) here.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by arogers260

I agree with u there are some minor issues but easily fixed, I've got 140k and still runs great proper maintenance is the key to keeping cars running strong and parts from failing sooner than later. Of course there will be faulty parts but if you take care of them properly they're less likely to fail.
    Exactly. I'm assuming you've done the timing belt by now? Just got my timing belt, water pump, and sparks done this weekend. The mechanic, being a family friend, even threw in a serpentine belt for free as a favor. All as preventive measures, not due to failure of course.

Only thing I missed was the thermostat but the hole was burning in my wallet and I drew the line. This summer i might try swapping it myself just to get some experience!

Bill Martin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS, 2011 Sts

You can do several things to maximize your preformance. First and formost get a good tune up; some one mentioned the timing belt. If you don't know the last time it was changed and you have more than 60k miles change it, 60k intervals after that. The 3.2 is an interference engine so you really don't want the timing belt to break. Another thing is to use premium fuel. (http://www.caranddriver.com/features/regular-or-premium) Cadilliac recommends premium fuel for all it's engines, they'll run OK on regular but check the link. After that, probably easiest is a cold air intake. After all that you might be able to bump the timing up a bit with a tuner, I don't know

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    Timing belt intervals on the 3.2 is every 100k miles.
    CTSjones and CTSjones like this.

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

In Russia there are people who programmatically make changes to the fuel map ECU. Following these changes, compliance with environmental worse (from Euro 3 to Euro2). Then dismantled catalysts and 2 rear lambdas. The car goes really better fuel consumption increases by 10-20 per cent. Such an operation we have is $ 800. I did not dare, I am wholly and so happy)))

Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Base
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacAsAlways

Ask Alex with pcmperformance.com
    He'll tell you how poorly built the ECMs are for the 3.2L.

ctsclub is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2008 CTS SFI

Millage contest? i'm in 234k original motor and trans works like a dream!

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

Quote Originally Posted by ctsclub View Post
    Millage contest? i'm in 234k original motor and trans works like a dream!
    234k I had 5 years ago)))))
    CTSjones and CTSjones like this.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Teedoe View Post
    If the ECU is working now, I don't understand how writing an updated program to it would make it decide to not work. The only thing an ECU tune / reflash does is change values in tables or functions, which wouldn't make the ECU itself any more or less reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    Vince at Trifecta, or try vendor BNR (Bad News Racing) here.
    According to the list of Supported Vehicles on Trifecta's site, they don't support the 3.2L. Looks like BNR uses EZ-Flasher, which also doesn't appear to support the 3.2L.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.