This may be a dumb question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, This may be a dumb question in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I want to mount my radar detector and other things to the dash. Nothing sticks to that plastic and I ...
    praprestoabi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6

This may be a dumb question

I want to mount my radar detector and other things to the dash. Nothing sticks to that plastic and I want to stay away from glue. 3m adhesive does nothing. Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Georgous is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2003 3.2 L 4 door Standard Transmission

Re: This may be a dumb question

Your unit probably came, as did mine, with a mounting suction cup, for the windshield. As the detector detects much better the higher up but is illegal in many areas I attach mine to my lower right , drivers, windshield corner. Picks up, far superior than attaching to the dash. If your intent on dash just buy some velcro patches. Will adhere to dash and adhesive can be easily cleaned with numerous commercial solutions with no damage to dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgous
    Your unit probably came, as did mine, with a mounting suction cup, for the windshield. As the detector detects much better the higher up but is illegal in many areas I attach mine to my lower right , drivers, windshield corner. Picks up, far superior than attaching to the dash. If your intent on dash just buy some velcro patches. Will adhere to dash and adhesive can be easily cleaned with numerous commercial solutions with no damage to dash.
    The back of the Velcro does not stick. Last thing I tried. And I have a tinted windshield I'm sure it would mess up anything but I don't really want the suction thing on the windshield if you get my drift.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    I say remove the dashboard. The part with then center speaker grill and headlight sensor. Under there you should be able to find something to mount a piece of metal that can poke out between the two dashboard pieces.

It's pretty simple to remove that piece too. Just use a puddy knife and twist it ever so slightly as you move from one side to the other.

KOT

Georgous is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2003 3.2 L 4 door Standard Transmission

Re: This may be a dumb question

Has not impacted the tinted window of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgous
    Has not impacted the tinted window of my car.
    Ok I might just go with it and put it there. Sounds good. Thanks! Now for other things though. Like I have a microphone in my car and the Walki talky thing I want to mound to the left of my radio so I can easily grab it. I got Velcro and that didn't stick. That would be perfect cus I could remove it and adhere as I pleased

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.